So today I had an appointment with the WIC office here in Rexburg. We qualified for all the WIC free foods (eggs, milk, cheese, cereal, peanut butter, juice). Basically, that is all we really buy at the grocery store anyways so we are excited to save a few pennies! The WIC program for those who don't know anything about it is especially for Women Infants and Children (hence WIC). You apply and see if you qualify for the checks to then pay for these WIC approved foods. As long as I am breastfeeding our baby, which I am 100% for anyways, up until she is a year old we qualify for all these checks! I suggest everyone to get on WIC. It is amazing!
Depressing note. The nurse took my weight and height. I am gaining the perfect amount of weight so that's nice. But apparently I am shorter than I thought. Not only am I NOT 5'5 but I am not even 5'4!!! WHAT!? I have been telling everyone and their mom for the past who knows how long that I am 5'5. The nurse said, "You're just under 5'4." I guess I didn't understand what she said and when I told Ryan, he quickly emphasized "Not only are you not 5'5, but you're not even 5'4!!!!" --Thanks baby. So there ya go. I'm a shortay.
But yes, gaining pregnancy weight is (rough) but also a blessing because when the baby gains weight, I gain weight too. Month 6 to the end is all about growing. I am supposed to gain 3-4 every month until the baby comes. I have never been this heavy in my whole life and it can be a big disconcerting at times but every time I sigh at my doctors appointments, the nurse quickly follows with this list:
Depressing note. The nurse took my weight and height. I am gaining the perfect amount of weight so that's nice. But apparently I am shorter than I thought. Not only am I NOT 5'5 but I am not even 5'4!!! WHAT!? I have been telling everyone and their mom for the past who knows how long that I am 5'5. The nurse said, "You're just under 5'4." I guess I didn't understand what she said and when I told Ryan, he quickly emphasized "Not only are you not 5'5, but you're not even 5'4!!!!" --Thanks baby. So there ya go. I'm a shortay.
But yes, gaining pregnancy weight is (rough) but also a blessing because when the baby gains weight, I gain weight too. Month 6 to the end is all about growing. I am supposed to gain 3-4 every month until the baby comes. I have never been this heavy in my whole life and it can be a big disconcerting at times but every time I sigh at my doctors appointments, the nurse quickly follows with this list:
Baby: 7-8 lbs
Blood and fluids: 7-8 lbs
Breast Increase (oh great): 1-3 lbs
Fat Stores: 4-8 lbs
Placenta: 1-2 lbs
Uterus Increase: 2-5 lbs
Total Weight Gain: 25-35 lbs
So there you go. I am happy to gain the weight as long as I have a healthy baby girl! She is a wild girl. She moves all day long I swear. She isn't strong enough yet for Ryan to really feel from the outside, but probably only a couple more weeks until that.
I talked to my Mom today about baby stuff and I mentioned that I saw the cutest little girl bathing suit the other day and she said so casually..."Oh, don't worry. She has one for next summer. And she has a life jacket for the boat." Thanks Mom! You're the best!!!
LOL you think gaining the weight is depressing?!?!?! TRY LOSING IT!!! I'm still 15lbs heavier and I feel like a fatty patty. Everyone is always like 'oh no you arent' but I honestly feel like it, because I was always super skinny and although I may be still, I'm not what I used to be and its depressing.
ReplyDeleteWe're on WIC too, you dont have to breastfeed to qualify. Issac is on formula, they give us between 7-9 cans a month which is about $150 worth of formula. I just dont get anything yummy. so if you run dry, you still get it!
yeah, gaining weight is not fun. I've actually had trouble gaining weight this pregnancy and was diagnosed with IUGR. So I was told to eat and eat and eat! I've gained a total of 24 lbs! Perfect huh? The baby is looking really good now, so they aren't worried anymore! Thanks pizza hut!
ReplyDeleteI love WIC. They are so helpful with everything. They teach you so much. After the baby is here they will help you through every stage.
Glad everything worked out for you at the WIC office! I had a hard time with the numbers on the scale too- I thought it would be better the 2nd time around- but I still complained. However- the nurse is right about all that stuff and I seriously lost 20 lbs in like 2 weeks after he was born! Breastfeeding really helps you lose the weight quickly because your body is working so hard to produce milk for the baby- you're even supposed to eat an extra 300 calories every day to keep up with production- which I have no problem with!!! You're gonna be the cutest mom!
ReplyDeleteP.s.
ReplyDeleteThe WIC office told me I was a lot shorter than I thought I was- I don't think they know how to measure! I've always told people I was 5'6 and I think they told me I'm barely 5'5
maybe...your new belly is making it hard to stand up extra straight. :)
ReplyDeleteI would much rather be told I was shorter than I actually thought I was than heavier than I thought I was. haha And no, it's not as fun, but like you said, as long as you're both healthy, that's what's important.
ReplyDeleteAlso, like others have said, you'll lose alot very quickly. My mom lost 30lbs within the first week with me, and my cousin just had a baby and lost 20lbs before she even left the hospital. Something else to look forward to! :)
Dearest!
ReplyDeleteI believe that when we first met, you told me you were 5'5" and growing. ppssshhhhh. Whatevs.
How are you!!!!!!?!?!?!?!? You look so adorable. You're the cutest little prego mama since I don't know when! I am such a bad keeper-in-toucher. I'm so ashamed. But, I vow to be better after viewing your blog and your ability to post often and really update others on your life. You inspire me. You really do. I love it and I love you. I also love the baby growing inside you.
Get your family ready for some stalking! Here I come!
xoxo
lex
Megs,
ReplyDeleteEach shirt had a different saying on the back.
*You save my rack, I'll save yours
*Save a life, Cop a feel
*'Cuz everyone loves a good bust
*Holy Shit, save the tits
*A good woman never leaves a breast behind
*Saving lives one boob at a time
*Hell yes, they're fake! My real ones almost cost me my life! (that one was my mom's)
*F*ck Cancer (a breast cancer ribbon was in place of the u) that was xandee's. My grandma made her wear a jacket over it! aha
We came up with most of the sayings but a few of them have been done before. It was a really fun time. I was so proud of them! I'm actually wearing mine right now as I write this!
God bless American Apparel!
Have you thought of names? Tell me all about your life!!!
hahaha you are so cute.. I know when I had to go to the doctor and the told me my height I thought I was taller too.. Maybe our posture is bad with the weight sticking out. Good luck with the pregnancy.. I should find out what we are having in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!
ReplyDelete