Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Where it came from

Kaethe

I'm sure you had these questions when you saw that:

1. How do you pronounce that?
2. Where did it come from?
3. Is it a family name?

And I have to answer:

1. You prounce it Kay-dah
2. It is German!
3. It is my Grandmother's middle name. My mom was absolutely thrilled to hear that we were including one of Oma's middle names. She was a delightful German lady and I just miss her so dearly. It was extremely important for Ryan and I to include a family name for Brinley. Kaethe sounded perfect and what a perfect way to honor my Oma and to always remember her and the life she lead.

(this is Oma with my older siblings David, Jill and me as a newborn!)

5 comments:

  1. 1.such a cute family pic!!
    2. love love love the name. super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally wondering how to pronouce it, and I LOVE it! Love that you included family. We have done the same for the middle names of our little ones and I love that tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so sweet and yes, I was totally wondering how you pronounce it. Its really a beautiful name! That picture is PRICELESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, you have a Beautiful baby Girl and i love the name!!!!
    love, jenny metcalf
    email me so i can add you to my blog. mine is private.
    thanks, Jenny
    metcalfjenny23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete