Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Me, the Domestic Goddess

My Mom and I ventured to Mary Jo's Fabric Store (yep, I said it right. We're in the South now, baby). It is a HUGE fabric store. Everyone, like everrrryone comes to Mary Jo's. I felt very out of place. I mean, I like crafts, but come on, you know me...Not the "creative" type.

Well, Ingrid has big plans for me.

She sent me in the right direction to look for some potential fabric to make pillows for our new apartment. I spotted this Gooooorgeous, Anthropology/Pottery Barn inspired fabric and FELL. IN. LOVE.

(You may hate it, but just say..."So cute!" okay?)

Today, we got started. After our sickness/plague set back, we are back and functioning like a normal household. THANKFULLY, Brinley walked away with just an ear infection. Easy to fix that's for sure!





We decided to do the floral print on one side and the striped on the other for BOTH pillows. Now we can do 2 floral or 2 striped. More options is much better. I know you're like...only 2 pillows? SO easy!

And you're right! It was So easy! I am thrillllllllllllled with how they turned out.

And guess what!?

So is Ryan!

7 comments:

  1. those pillows are so cute! that's one of my goals before I turn 30... to learn how to sew. We'll see how that goes. But you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pillows are SOOO cute meg! you ARE the domestic goddess... me and my sewing machine have gotten in a lot of fights lately. you have inspired me to give it another try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, if there is one thing I will probably NEVER own, its a sewing machine, so the fact that you made two pillows that look INCREDIBLE, makes you my hero! But that fabric really is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. meagan!!!!! i am SO so impressed. and so jealous.

    wanna make me some pillows too??

    seriously though, how did you do it? they look amazing. and i loooove the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric and love the pillows!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha so that fabric was in my top 10 when i did my family room, i was going to use the stripe for the windows and the pillows and the floral for pillows as well. too funny!

    ReplyDelete