Sunday, March 27, 2011

New week, new goals

Thanks for all the encouragement from the last blog post. It's been a wiiiiiild week, but I'm happy to report that we are out of the funk and ready for what is ahead in the Briggs family! Thank you to ALL the people who helped us out and continually let us know they were there for us. It is amazing what trials you couldn't imagine getting through, but you realize, Hey, we just got through it. Never thought we would. So here's to (hopefully) never having a week like last week EVER again :-)
(no, my floors don't EVER look cleaner than this. Even when I scrub them with bleach...promise)
Just relaxing by herself on the floor, reading her ABC books. This girl loooves to lay on the floor and read books.

--

Back to babysitting tomorrow. It has been a relaxing week not having to watch the babes everyday, but I'm looking forward to my routine again. Brinley's been missing the baby too and says her name multiple times a day. It's cute! 

Ryan has three, THREE interviews on Monday. We are so excited for him. He's had 3 in the past two weeks, so we should hear back soon if he got any of the jobs. We are hoping to stay here in Tallahassee, but a few of the jobs would take him to different cities. We decided that whatever happens, happens. We NEED a paying job so if that paying job takes Ryan out of Tallahassee, then Brinley and Mommy get to go spend 6-8 weeks with Grammy and Gramps in North Carolina!! Woooo!!! We're crossing our fingers that doesn't happen and that we can stay here and continue doing what we're doing.

Ryan is also registering for his next semester classes, and wait...YES, he'll be a 2L!!! WOOOO!!! I am NOT sad to see this school year fall behind us. It has been a hard year and definitely a shocker to us all. I am happy to only have 2 more years of school left and to have a fun summer seeing more of Ryan!!

One morning this week, Brinley was just so funny with her crayons. Her imagination is running WILD. I love to just sit and watch her to see what she does next. Her crayon's are a constant battle. She plays so nicely with them one minute, and then decides it's okay to color on the floor or on the bathroom tub. So, right now, she doesn't get to have her crayons. But these pictures were cute as she kept trying to throw them into her bucket and put them back in their cardboard box. She's also wearing new "big girl" jammies from Grammy Steele. She looks so grown up!!






--

Oh, and I was SO embarrassed when I looked into our ghetto pantry and saw this.

We apparently LOOOOVE cereal. Isn't that TERRIBLE??? It is so hard for us to finish a box before getting a new one. No more cereal until THIS is gone!!!


9 comments:

  1. Hey we have that much cereal at our house...but its really one me and Benj that eat it. Glad things are going better....life can be hard and I am so sorry that you had to go through that but just think of how strong it made you! Well love you and we should do a web cam when you are feeling up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So FYI Chris and I are the same with Cereal. We have about that much in our cabinet each shopping trip =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brinley's hair is sooooooooo cute! I love the curls. As for the cereal, you should see the amount I have in my pantry...now granted, we do have 6 people who eat it but it really is a ridiculous situation. Glad you're ready for this next week and looking forward. Sorry you've been having a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. having that many cereal boxes isn't normal? ha cause we're definitely in that same boat! and yes we've been trying to finish off the boxes we have before i stock up at the next buy one get one sale. also, ditto on the floors. it's so sad when all that work looks like nothing, but that's the life of a renter i suppose. and brinley is so cute in her pjs with her long curly hair! when did her hair get so long?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. We have like 5 things of cereal right now too!
    Oh, and that bucket was out of the Target Dollar Spot wasn't it?? haha. I got the green one for Noah. :)
    I wish I could get Noah to try and color, but he'd much rather play in dirt. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her hair is so cute. We have you beat on cereal. Glad you are moving forward with faith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unlike everyone else--I WISH we had that much cereal. But I am the only one that eats it at our house so week after week I can't justify buying it. It's really like a treat when I do. Sad.

    That first picture! Ahhhh!!! So stinkin' cute. We love Brinley and Ryan and Meagan.

    There are lots of exciting things happening for you! Keep us posted on Ryan's job situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad things are better this week!

    love ya!

    good luck to ryan with interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. megs, im so sorry to hear about a terrible week.. but glad things are lookin up! good luck with all you have going on- we'll be thinkin about ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete