We love having a pool in our new complex! Brinley and I have been utilizing it to its full capacity in the past month.
Somedays, we are there by 10am. Other days we don't go until after naps. Sometimes, we've even gone twice a day! (those were usually the no AC days....). And we've even gone as a family after Ryan has gotten home from work.
We've met some cute little girls that are always there in the afternoon with their mom and it has been great for Brinley to interact with other kids! She is getting pretty good at swimming around in her inner-tube. My mom found this great pool life jacket at Target and it has been perfect. The inner-tube wedges perfectly in place and it keeps Brinley afloat as she kicks around the stairs.
We have also been working on holding onto the pool ledge and kicking. I really wanted to put her in swim lessons this summer, but the class for under 3 year olds had the parent swim in the pool with them. I thought, what can they teach her that I can't at our own pool? Granted, I'm not a lifeguard, or ever have been, but I do know how to swim pretty well and for now, she is just learning basic pool familiarity.
Pool must haves:
:: Brinley always needs her sunglasses. She has such sensitive eyes, just like her Daddy.
:: Her inner-tube.
:: and of course, her mid swim goldfish cracker snack.
Our goals this summer are to work on being able to go under the water without gasping for breath like she was under for 10 minutes. She is still preeeetty dramatic about that.
Another thing, we need to ditch the inner-tube and get her kicking and swimming around without it.
And hopefully, hopefully, by the end of the summer, she will be able to do little bouts of swimming without any floaties!
You forgot to put on your list of goals getting an awesome tan!!! That's what I would be wanting =) I love the picture of her mid swim snack, gold fish are perfect.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! That last picture KILLS me. Oh Brin, you're so cool. You are so lucky to have a pool. How awesome is that!! Greta is obsessed with water. We went to the wave pool over the weekend and even though she had a life jacket on she did NOT want us holding onto her AT all. It scared me to death but she did great bouncing up and down. Brinley will no doubt be ready to TEACH the lessons next year.
ReplyDeleteGoing to the pool everyday sounds like HEAVEN!!! Can we come visit??? Those pictures are adorable. Brinley is so brave! I need to take my kids to the pool more often...we went the other day and Max saw me go under so he tried it...without plugging his nose or closing his mouth. He was pretty traumatized! I need to just keep them familiar with it I guess :) Avery is a different story. She is SO brave it scares me!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!! She is TOO cute chillin' and swimming. I can't wait till Jack is a tad older so I can actually take the boys to go do FUN things. I would love to get James in the pool... but running after Gavin and holding chubby Jack... No thanks. Enjoy that pool!!
ReplyDelete