Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012


We had a wonderful Father's Day! The benefit of afternoon church is being able to go on long walks in the morning while not feeling rushed. We strapped on our running shoes and headed out the door to explore the new area around our new complex. Ryan went for a run along the same path a couple weeks ago, and jumped over a 4 foot copperhead snake, so I was on the lookout for sure!

surprised Ryan with Sherlock Holmes 2! He got himself a pair of new Nike running shoes, so he wasn't expecting this!! Sneaky wife....

While we were walking, my Dad called from Scotland! He is there on business and it was great to catch up with him and wish him a Happy Father's Day. My Mom was with him this past week in Denmark, but he had more jet setting to do for business after she left on Saturday. He reminded me of the importance Scotland has for our family heritage and told the story again about the first member of my father's maternal side (the Miller's) who was the first member who joined the Church. The legacy that man left! It is so amazing to hear of these stories and they always give me a boost!

And of course I forgot to get a Daddy and Brinley picture. Fail.

Anyways, when we got back, Ryan and Brinley lounged while I got a jump start on dinner prep. I made my Oma's famous potato casserole. Yummmmy. It is always a dinner staple for special holidays. After a wonderful Church service, we came back and got started on making dinner.
Any man's dream:
Steak
Potatoes
Asparagus
Okay, maybe those are my dream food items, but I knew that Ryan would love anything I decided to make for him. Dinner was a hit!

dinner coma in bed while watching Thor. Why do I think my stomach is still the same size as before I got pregnant!? I ate waaay too much.

Of course, our AC died after dinner so we spent the rest of the night watching Thor on instant netflix (yes, it is on instant!!!) and eating brownies. Ryan told me it was one of the best Sunday's we've had in awhile. I had to agree with him. For not being able to take a nap, Brinley was in the best mood. She is always happy to spend time with us and of course stalk every baby at Church. She has this obsession with babies- she doesn't have a sense of personal space. It was great to just relax as a family. We love lazy Sunday's!

Yes, the AC saga is still going on. We are going on 10 days of inconsistent AC in the peak of the summer in Florida. Oh the joys.

2 comments:

  1. I love lazy Sundays. Chris and I have those maybe twice a month... it depends on his meetings after church. But they are so awesome. Happy Father's Day Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header! And that dinner sounds so good, you good wife, you. Happy belated father's day to Ryan!

    P.s. I'm gonna call you today...so get all your best stories ready!!

    ReplyDelete