How did you come up with her name?
Choosing her name was a 9 month debacle in our house. We fluctuated between 10 different names on a daily basis. One day, we would love the name. The next day, one or both of us hated it. It was like a roller coaster relationship. Lots of ups and downs.
Ellie was on our list for Brinley. It has always been a front runner. We couldn't decide however to name her Elizabeth (a big time family name on both sides) and end up calling her Ellie, or just straight up name her Ellie. I figured, if we plan on calling her Ellie anyways, lets just go straight to Ellie and skip the confusion. Done Deal.
But now for a middle name.
It is no lie that Ryan and I both love the city Charlotte. Well, turns out we both really love the name Charlotte as well. Of course I thought I was the logical one and said no right away for the first name. This is where the big debacle comes in. Ryan fought tooth and nail for Ellie to be named Charlotte, but I figured, if my parents live in Charlotte, and YOUR parents live in Charlotte, and WE want to LIVE in Charlotte....isn't that too much if the poor girl is also named Charlotte? I sold him with that one. Finally, one night we were getting down to the nitty gritty and decided to write down names. I wrote down Ellie. And then Ryan joked and said Charlotte? Then it hit me. Use both names! Ellie Charlotte! As I said it, we both knew it was a homerun name.
Batta bing. Batta boom.
and again with Brinley, when we saw the little lady for the first time, we both smiled and confirmed,
Her name is totally Ellie Charlotte.
Her name is totally Ellie Charlotte.
She is now a week old and has proved herself already to be a rockstar baby. She has the sweetest little personality. The only time she has been upset has of course been with not eating fast enough and often enough. This girl loves to eat! I borrowed a pump from a friend to take the edge off and prevent getting engorged and it has been heaven sent. I have pumped 4 packs of 6 ounces already which have been put way into the freezer to build my stock pile. We don't plan on introducing a bottle for awhile, but it is nice that if something happens, we can thaw that milk and Ellie will be taken care of.
milk druuuuunk
Game Day! Go FSU!
Ellie is definitely the average newborn! Sleeps 16+ hours a day. Poops a million times a day. Nurses every 2-3 hours. She is so precious. Each day she is opening her eyes for longer periods of time and just looks around. It is fun to see her personality blossom. She has been a pretty good sleeper at night so far. We had two really good nights when she only woke up once. The other night, she spent 3 hours grunting which kept me up. Then she fiiiinally pooped and was quiet until 7:30am.
You may have noticed that her hair is totally RED! We loooove it. It is a coppery red and it has been lightening up everyday. There is red on both sides of the family, and I have noticed that my hair has turned more red as I've gotten older. Ryan and I think she is going to go blonde. We have noticed that she has also found her hair. Brinley was about this age when she started to touch her hair, which we all know is her favorite thing-twirling her hair. It is hilarious to watch Ellie touch her hair! I will laugh so hard if she becomes a hair twirler as well.
cuddles with Mama
We just love this little girl so much! I have been spoiled to have my Mom here for a week and now my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are here for a week. I have only had 6 hours of "being a mother of 2" so I'm not really sure how I will be after they leave. Ellie is such a sweet little baby and I am excited to see her grow!
Chubby neck roll
As much as I appreciated all the help I got when I had Leah, it was nice to get into our own routine after everyone left. For me, it was such a natural transition, and I am sure you will do great! Ellie is so cute!
ReplyDeleteShe is so precious!
ReplyDeleteSeriously. Her chubs are to die for!! Love the pics and details of your sweet little one!!
ReplyDeleteshe is the most precious little girl- her cheeks are heaven! you are making the "mother of 2" thing seem easy!
ReplyDeleteThe milk coma picture is the best! I love babies and their milk highs! She is so sweet and precious- seriously, gobble up the newbornness. Goes by too fast (because our "baby" is turning one on Sunday and I'm not quite ready for that...). It'll be different on your own, but you'll find the groove that works for your little family and be so awesome. You guys are great and I'm so happy Ellie is here for you to love.
ReplyDeleteI have read the birth story twice without commenting. I just love reading it. And I loved reading this post, too! Perfect little Ellie. The photo of your family of four (crazy!) with Ryan holding onto your shoulder really touched me. You guys are doing it! I am sure there will be some tough times, but I love seeing the love between you and Ryan just grow stronger and stronger through everything. I love that you have two little girls now and you're living the dream. Do you think Ellie looks like Brinley when she was a baby?? I just don't see it yet. But man, oh man, her little lips are killing me! Love. Love Love!
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful! Ellie is beautiful! Love this post and how you came up with her sweet name. That never even occurred to me that you might be naming her after Charlotte, NC....duhhh!! How awesome is that?!? In my dream world, we'd be next door neighbors in Charlotte! Let's make it happen :)
ReplyDeletei love hearing the name story. can i please kiss those chunky cheeks NOW?!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGah! The double-chin! I'm in LOVE!
ReplyDeleteShe is so deliciously cute Meagan...good work!