You are three, THREE!!! I can't believe it! I have often thought in the past few months that you've been three for awhile. The way you have matured and grown in the past 6 months has been exponential.
I think one of the biggest thing for you has been meeting your best girlfriends, Kiley and Ava. You three are inseparable when you play together. You are the youngest of the three, and you would never be able to tell. I don't know if it is your ability to talk, or ability to play, but the age gap doesn't exist when you three play together. Their moms and I think you three scheme against us and tell secrets. I love that you have friends and that you love to talk about them all the time. You include them in almost every conversation, and even in your prayers. Mommy likes to say too, "I bet Ava and Kiley listen to their mommy when she asks them to do things." Unfortunately, that one doesn't always work.
You have really grown your own independence since Ellie was born. You are such a wonderful helper for Mommy. You run and get binkies, burp cloths, diapers, blankets, snacks, toys, and just about everything else that Mommy is in desperate need, especially if I'm busy nursing Ellie. I can really tell the love you have for Ellie. There is just something so special about a sister-sister bond. It has really made me reflect on my relationship with my sister. Even though we had some rough patches along the way ie stealing clothes, I love my sister more than anything and I treasure our relationship. I hope you feel the same for Ellie. You're the big older sister, so there is a new responsibility now.
I am so impressed that you haven't had any accidents in regards to potty training since Ellie was born. The week before she was born, you had three in the same day and I thought I was going to lose my mind! After months of nothing, you just had an off day. Thankfully, that day of accidents didn't continue because you have done fabulously. And keep it up!! :-) Your mommy's sanity appreciates it!
One of the things I've noticed about you is that you don't have a strong connection to your toys. You love everything equally and will play with everything eventually. I thought you would be obsessed with Barbi's. Grandma Steele got you a Barbi when Ellie was born, but that Barbi has already started collecting dust. Your main favorite still is your cupcake kitchen and play food. You love to make food and concoct something. Since Ellie was born, you are very concerned about being a Doctor to everyone. I am excited because Grandma Steele got you a doctor's kit for your birthday! I am so excited for you to have a legit kit to take care of your animals and baby dolls.
You are such a special girl and I just love your spunky personality. You definitely have your Daddy's enthusiasm and excitement for everything. I love how big your eyes get when we do something new. You love to tell jokes and stories. You are still a girl of routines and I appreciate that. When life is crazy or especially in the past few weeks with Ellie's birth, your routines have kept you grounded and happy. Your recent favorite at bedtime has definitely been taking things into your bed. Like your Duplo, or all your blankets, or anything that you know would drive your Mama crazy!
We love you so much sweetie pie!
Holy Cow! Wasn't she just barely 18 months old and going into nursery for the first time?? This is madness! Happy Birthday to a beautiful little Lady today :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweet Brinley!!!! We love you! And what a sweet post Meagan! Brinley seriously seems so mature for her age. Hope today is wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteBrinley boo boo, I can't believe you are 3 today! That can't be right. Didn't we just come see you in the hospital when you were born...like yesterday?! You have been my favorite little girl to watch grow up (next to Greta). You are so so smart and sweet and social! You have been a great example to Greta from thousands of miles away. We love watching all of your videos and hearing your cute voice. Happy Birthday, Brinners! Love you!
ReplyDelete