Monday, January 7, 2013

WO: week 4&5

ya ya ya, I was kind of a dummy starting my work out regime before the holidays. Getting out the door to work out was difficult. The temps dropped quickly into the 40-50's during the day, and for is Floridians, that is COLD!

I was at my parents house for a week while Ryan was working, so I tried to get out and run a couple of times. I jogged with Brinley to the playground while pushing the jogger and that was so hard! Their neighborhood is super hilly. I also ran one afternoon when it miraculously warmed up into the 60's. I ran for what I think was around 40ish minutes. I ran to 11 songs, so whatever that makes out to be :-)


Once the peeps started showing up, it was easier to find work out buddies. My mother? the Zumba champion. She has faithfully been doing Zumba for 2 years and she. is. good. Very energetic and has all the moves down. She loves rocking it out to Black Eyed Peas, which makes me laugh. She bought these zumba skirts that jingle and it was fun to shake it. Brinley followed suit and zumba-ed with us the entire time. She was exhausted but dang! Her coordination is so amazing for only a 3 year old! 


My sister is the work out guru. She ran track in high school, college, and is now the Track & Field Director of Operations at The University of Oregon. She has also worked as a personal trainer and continues to always have such motivation to stay in shape. She's got my dream bod. So maybe someday, I'll look like her :-) But anyways, we jog/walked together one afternoon and then did some yoga. It felt so good to stretch out after not running for awhile. Wish she lived close to us because it was so much fun to catch while running.


Only a few days before we left, I caught a mega dose of the flu and we all ended up with colds (except Ellie!). The week after New Years, we all got some much needed rest after all our traveling and busy holiday break. I hope to get back into a good routine this week. I measured myself before I started working out a month ago and I decided to measure my stomach to see if it has changed. It has dropped 1.5 inches!! That is great! I was so motivated to see that. I probably still have 5-8 more inches to go in my mid section, but seriously, it was nice to see some improvements!! Back to my 3-4 days a week!

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love the jingle skirts! My sister in law gave me a little private Zumba class over Christmas and I was sweating so bad! I cannot go outside in this coldness (we are in the teens and negatives most days) and I am so jealous that you are still able to jog/walk outside! Must move to Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so proud of you! you are doing so great. jill is a champ.. wish she could be my personal trainer.

    and how i wish i could zumba with ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!!! I love your mom and love those zumba skirts!! I can imagine that must have been a party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a beast!!! Way to go! This is seriously inspiring and motivating. Get it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep forgetting your sister is here (go ducks!) :) This post made me realize how much I need to kick my butt into gear and work out. Maybe once my house is healthy... because THAT'S going to happen this winter (nooot). Keep being awesome, Meagan!

    ReplyDelete