It felt like forever for this weekend to arrive, but now that everyone is home from traveling, I'm left wondering if they really were ever here!! I hate that feeling. Late Friday night, my older brother David flew into Tallahassee! It was so wonderful to have him here. He made such a big sacrifice to leave his family in Seattle to spend a few days with us, and I will forever be grateful for his wife, Tiffany for giving the thumbs up for him to come. We spent that night talking until way late, and rising early the next morning. Brinley loves her Uncle David and the moment she saw him sleeping on the air mattress in our front room, she leaped on the bed and barely left his side. The boys went running, and then we got cleaned up to give him a tour of the law school, the main FSU campus, and of course, the Stadium. I was driving, so I didn't snap any pictures, and it was drizzling outside, so we didn't even get out of the car.


My parents arrived around lunch time on Saturday. We had lunch and hung around until the Briggs' arrived a few hours later. Brinley was thrilled to have both grandparents there to entertain her, and I was grateful for them to keep her busy. We all left for dinner at our favorite place, Anthony's Wood Fire Grill. and then went for ice cream afterwards at our other favorite, Lofty Pursuits, a cute ice cream/soda shop with cute vintage games and toys. Everyone parted ways to get some much needed rest for the next day, and we were grateful to have a quiet night before graduation.
We left for the Civic Center around 10am and waited for the ceremony to start at 11am. There was a band a few rows in front playing music, and I kept getting teary eyed thinking that this was
our time! It has been such a journey getting here, and I was pretty numb thinking that this was really my reality!!
First the professors walked into the auditorium, and then the students. We spotted Ryan quickly and kept cheering as he got closer.
Everything got started right on time and the Dean spent a moment recognizing certain individuals in the audience. At the end, he recognized spouses and their children and I swear I was one of the few standing up there with kids in my arms! That made me even more emotional because of how patient and understanding Brinley has been throughout our schooling. My Dad spent the entire ceremony entertaining Brinley and it was funny because Brinley kept
woohoo-ing for Ryan. or screaming, "yay daddy!!!" really loud, especially when it was super quiet. That little sweetie!
The Keynote speaker was apart of the first graduation class from FSU law. What an amazing individual. He has been a huge advocate for the law school and has done some pretty remarkable things in the community. He spoke about having hope. Hope for the future. Hope to find good jobs. Hope to have an honest legal system with honest attorneys. He was a cool guy and kept his comments short, thank goodness!
It definitely pays off being at the start of the alphabet so before we knew it, Ryan was lining up! First, the professors cloak them, then as their names are read, they walk across the stage and then shake a few more hands as they walk off. What a moment!! I kept my screaming to a minimum because I was also filming, but dang! What a feeling. Totally surreal. So proud. and so happy to be done.
We met up with him and hundreds of other graduates and their families outside the front of the Civic Center. It took us a bit to figure out where to go, but finally congregated outside the law school (which was across the street) for a reception.
We are so proud. and SO happy.
We could not have made it these past 3 years without the prayers and help from our parents. And the prayers of our siblings and other extended family members. We have been strengthened and sustained by you all. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband who has worked so hard to get here. To graduate with honors after all that he has done and with all his family responsibilities, it is a miracle and blessing. The Lord has sustained us through these tough years and we know that we are moving to where we need to be. We are excited to be starting this new phase of life. Thank you doesn't seem like enough, but truly, we are so grateful for all our fans out there. We appreciate you all.
Awesome! I'm tearing up reading this because I know what you have been through! Graduation was the best day ever! Congrats again and I'm glad Dave could come.
ReplyDeleteWhat an accomplishment! So glad you could have a lovely weekend with family celebrating! Go Ryan!!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures!! You all look so happy...as you should! Congrats again, on finishing such a crazy four years!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Ryan!!!! (And Meagan for running things at home while I'm sure Ryan has been crazy busy!) So excited for the next chapter for you guys :)
ReplyDeletewhat a guy! GOOD JOB RYAN! this is huge. great things are in store.
ReplyDelete