Well folks, we finally got our computer back from the computer-fixer-people. Broken hard drive.
It has been a weird few weeks and this computer problem has not helped. Granted, this summer I did back up all our pictures onto cds, but the most frustrating thing is that we lost all our videos we took with our Flip Camera. We have had that camera since 2010 and have taken hundreds of videos. Fortunately, I have uploaded many to YouTube so I haven't been as emotional over that loss.
On the bright side, our complete computer melt down came at the perfect time. One of the many life lessons my mom has taught me is that bad things happen, but praying that you'll know what to do in that moment and have things to help you in those situations make them possible to get through." and the biggest blessing in this situation is that Ryan was able to get through law school and the Bar completely with zero laptop struggles. It really is a huge blessing. And I think that's why we aren't too stressed about starting from nothing now. But, honestly, it feels like we got someone else's computer back. There is nothing on here that even gives reference of us, and that kind of hurts. But, we'll get over it.
Life lately over here has been busy. It sure is glorious not having Ryan worried about school and Bar study during the day and at night. We are getting so much quality time with him after work and before we go to bed. I haven't felt this relaxed in a LONG time! The trouble about school and bar study was that there was this black lingering cloud in every situation. We couldn't completely relax and have a good time because we were both thinking, he should be studying or he will go study right after whatever. BUT- we made it through. So so so relieved.
Brinley and Ellie are thriving and so adorable. Those two have become quite the pair. They are hilarious together. Brinley does have her annoyed moments but for the most part, she really does such a good job including Ellie in her various imagination scenarios.
And as for me, I've spent so much time on Netflix in the last 3 months that is is quite embarrassing. Bar study and being away from you spouse for a month will do that to you. Here is what I watched, you ready?
-The Office: season 1-9
-Drop Dead Diva: season 4
-Hart of Dixie: season 1
-Pretty Little Liars: season 1-2 (I'm in season 3 right now!)
-Mirror Mirror
-Mona Lisa Smile
-Emma Smith: My Story (It's actually really good!)
-Foot Loose
-Arrested Development: season 4 (whooomp whoooooooomp, kind of sucked)
-The Switch
-Beauty and the Briefcase (Hil Duff is my fav)
-The Bachelorette (love Chris and Des together)
-looooots of Chopped
-and Many many Hallmark movies with my parents
I know I'm leaving out something, but you know, I did my best. I had plans of reading books, but lets be honest, after a long day of watching kids, sometimes reading a book just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Right now, I'm trying to figure out where our iPhoto went and why I can't seem to get it installed on here. Oh the joys...
No comments:
Post a Comment