You guys.
I have caught the running fire, and I. Am. So. SOO. Happy!! After we got home from our long Canada trip, I felt...more chubby. Granted, Ellie was still nursing a couple times a day, but that didn't mean I could freely eat as much ice cream, and fruit snacks, and big hoggie sandwiches whenever I wanted. The week after we got back, I ran 5 times! 5 TIMES! That is unheard of. I haven't had a full week like that since, but it kick started me into high gear.
ellie took a later nap one day so she came along for my run. It was SO hard pushing that jogger up and down hills but we had so much fun together.
and if you're wondering, I may or may not have worn this shirt 3 days in a row. Eeeks. I went to Target and bought another shirt, running shorts, and a couple more sports bras (I still have to double up on those).
my new lunarglides my sissy got for me! awesome running shoes.Last week, I ran my farthest distance yet, 6 miles! I had the goal to run 4 miles, and once I hit my goal, I was feeling so good I decided to push myself to 5. Well, when I reached 5, I thought....I bet I could do 6. And I did. And it was so exciting! And since then, I've ran 5 miles easily. It is amazing what your body can do. I haven't been this active in years!! I kind of had a moment after running these 6 miles that the human body is absolutely amazing. I'm not really the most dedicated and motivated person to stick to something (like losing weight, not eating sugar, not drinking diet coke, getting to bed early every night, to name a few). Lately though, running has been my thing. It guarantees me to get out of the house for an hour almost everyday and do something that I'm actually really enjoying. I set a goal every time I run, and I usually run farther than what I originally planned for. Every time I run, I try to run harder, smoother, and better. It really is an art.
Before I had Ellie, I was really at a low point in my life, phyiscally. I had gained 50 pounds while pregnant and I was needing a c-section to get her out. I didn't really think about the after-c-section pains, but it seriously shocked me how broken I felt. At 6 weeks, I tried to get back to working out and back into shape, but the motivation and stamina didn't stick. Yes, I tried to run 3 miles every few days, but even then, those 3 miles hurt the entire time. My incision would pull and hurt and there were times where I felt like I was doing more harm then good to my body. And adding nursing too. Those early days...I could barely walk quickly without hurting, let alone running!
It has been almost a year since I was at that point, and while I wish I got there sooner, I'm just glad that I got there. I don't run fast, and I don't run far, but I am doing it. And enjoying it! It really has become such a therapeutic journey (yes I said journey) to getting in shape. Ryan has even noticed my body change. I haven't seen a huge difference, but the fact that I can run 5-6 miles and not be in pain and wanting to die is a huge breakthrough. I hope to be able to run a half-marathon in the next 4-6 months or so. What an accomplishment that will be!
I have found that "thing" I guess that I've been looking for when it comes to working out, and I could not be more grateful. The after-baby-body image is a real thing and what annoyed me the most was how hard working out was afterwards. Every thing hurt. Breathing hurt! I never remember it hurting that bad after Brinley, so maybe after the second baby it is harder? I am proud of myself and so happy that I have found it.
If any of you are stuck and wanting to get in shape, the bit of advice I can give you is just to show up and start somewhere. The biggest thing for us is to get out that door, and once we are out there, we usually work out pretty good! Thankfully, Ryan has been my big supporter and motivator to keep getting out there. He has done bath time for the girls alone so much and he doesn't complain one bit. He is the best!! and I sincerely owe so much to all of you who have continually motivated me and pumped me up (and cheered for me through the Nike+ app!). You are all so amazing and I appreciate it so much!




I have to admit I'm a little jealous of all the fun your having running! I loved it (after I hated it! lol) after I had Mason and can't wait to get back at it. Good for you!!! :)
ReplyDelete