Friday, January 31, 2014

January Recap

January was a good month. We settled into our regular routine, tried to purge the endless sweets in our home from Christmas, spent lots of time outside enjoying the cooler weather, and set some goals and started to work on them! 

Here are some highlights. 

New Years Eve just before midnight. This guy always has me laughing. We went to bed 3 seconds after we took this picture. Real party animals.

Some friends and I went down to Jupiter to Busch Wildlife Sanctuary. So much fun! Reminded me a lot of the Tallahassee Museum. It was H-O-T that day, almost 85. Sometimes the sporadic Florida winter heat makes you a bit crazy.



School Time. Brinley is getting so good at staying in the lines and utilizing all her colors. She has always been confident using markers. I keep buying her new crayons, but I think I need to increase her marker supply!

^^learning about our country and how dang far our family lives from us
^^learning about money
^^love this app
^^this month, for whatever reason, has been non-stop dinosaurs. I have my own personal beliefs about dinosaurs, but Brinley is so curious and loves learning about them!

Ellie can be such a terror at Church (nursery is only 3 months away!!), but the second she wakes up from her coma nap, I just can't seem to put her down and stop smooching her cheeks. She is just so delicious.

We have been having some super cold days here! Like in the 50's!!!! That is COLD! We have a pretty pathetic supply of hoodies and outerwear :-( I need to work on that for next winter.

Refusing naps. Do not like this growing up thing. She is so happy to hang out with me on the couch and not nap. But that means I do not get any alone time during day.




Lunch dates with friends :-)

And then, Brinley cut her own hair. Sooo muuuuch haiiiiir.

But somehow, she didn't do too bad of a job! Shorter layers around her face. Nothing to crazy, thank goodness!

 Elle Belle got her shots :-(


Lots and lots of walks with these two.

First piggie tails!

 WORKING OUT. I'm so lazy. Only 2-3 days a week right now. Gotta get my butt moving.

Park with Daddy. ALWAYS a good idea.

 Crib time playing--these two kill me. This is their favorite time of day.



 Library time, of course.

Miss Flexible :-)

Just realized how perfect out tennis courts are for scooter. Ellie is obsessed with Brinley's helmet and will wear it all day everyday if I let her!!

Ellie. You are too much sometimes.

Brin and her many babies...

Park time.

Bring it on, February! 


3 comments:

  1. Tell me about that app! We just took netflix off of all our devices (phones and ipad) because Greta would just watch shows that I didn't always approve of--like Sonic the Hedgehog! What the heck, she was obsessed with that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking Netflix off...that is SUCH a good idea. Brinley loves the PBS kids app which has so many appropriate shows for her. But she loves getting on Netflix and watching those Barbi shows and more of the "tween" age animated shoes. Have you ever watched Horseland? It is ridiculous and talks about each others looks and weight and not fitting it and after a few episodes of overhearing this show, I was like NOPE no more :-)

      Delete
  2. Raaaandom - I have the same duvet cover from Ikea and I L.O.V.E. it.

    On a RELATED note - your girls are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete