Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Quilt Project 2014: Inspirations

This year is my year to make a quilt. Growing up, we always said my mother was part Amish because of the frequent quilts she busted out during the year. She is the most amazing quilter I know. She has made our little family so many special quilts, including our wedding quilt, a baby quilt for both Ellie and Brinley, a big girl quilt for Brinley's bed, and a few wall hangings that are out of this world amazing. To this day I'm (still) kicking myself why I didn't ask her to show me how to make a simple quilt. In March, we are visiting my parents for 2 weeks and it is my goal to get going on putting this quilt together. It took me a year to sew our stockings, so I'm guessing that it will probably take me that same amount of time to finish this quilt!! 

I have no idea what I am doing, and I'm not working with a pattern. Should be interesting! I'm sticking with some geometric shapes (triangles and squares) to get my feet wet for my first ever quilt! 

Here are some inspirations.


Any advice on quilting (techniques, tools to use, fabric, batting, etc) is greatly appreciated!! 

1 comment: