Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sometimes You Just Need A Donut And A Park

I think one of my favorite things to do as a mom is go for a drive. The kids are strapped in carseats. They are entertained by toys or books. We look outside for things. Brinley points out stores and letters and numbers and dogs. Ellie is thoroughly entertained by watching Brinley. And I get to just driiiiiive. It is so therapeutic for me. It's like we can just enjoy being quiet for a few minutes.

The weather has been surprisingly cold this week. Temps barely above 60 degrees during the day. I know I know I know...all you northerns and midwesterners are like Waaaaaahhhh cry me a river! but seriously, when the temps drop 20 degrees back and forth, day by day, it messes with your system a bit. We are all a bit out of sorts with how cold 50-60 degrees feels! 

This day, we got donuts from Dunkin and drove to a new park right on the intracoastal waterway. What a hidden gem! Can't wait to go back. and get more donuts too. Don't worry Ry, we saved you one. 
^^that piece of land across the water is hutchinson island, which is where are the beaches are
^^always a pink donut with sprinkles
^^blueberry cake for Ellie
^^swinnnnngs
^^so jungley, huh?
^^group selfie
^^love this little red top
^^nose in eye. my favorite
^^heyyyyy
Join us next time, ok?

4 comments:

  1. I want to come visit your weather and eat donuts with you (a lot!!) and push those cuties on the swings. I admit it. Your January beats ours by a...10 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous park! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. I'm packing my bags tomorrow!!! I need to squish Miss Ellie & soak up some of those Florida rays!! Looks like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little park! It looks like you guys were the only ones too. Having lived in Florida now (both South and North) I can vouche for the ever changing temps in "winter" messing up your system. For reals! But I don't love south florida winters in that you can open your windows at night and let the cool air in to then not have to run the A/C the next day.

    ReplyDelete