Thursday, August 21, 2014

Organizing the Front Entry

Our front entry way was a total hot mess. For probably 4 years. We had such a small entry way in our place in Tallahassee, so having a place for shoes was almost impossible. We had an old bookshelf that was narrow enough to fit in that spot and be able to fit a few select shoes. 

And when we moved last year, we kept that same ghetto bookshelf by the door for shoe storage. It has been such an eyesore for me!! ahhhh! I really had no idea what to do for storage by the door, but when my bestie Julia posted about their entry way bench and shoe storage, I KNEW I had to have a bench. I had to have it!
So while Brinley was at school this week, Ellie and I went to Marshall's. I found a wood bench that I loved, but I had to convince Ryan about it because it was still $99, and with the additional foam pillow to sit on that I would have to make, and the extra bins underneath, it would be closer to $150. 

As the day went on, I was thinking about this bench idea on-stop! Overstock, Amazon, furniture stores, I could not get this bench idea out of my head! After lunch, Brinley got home from school, Ellie took a nap (for almost 3.5 hours!), and I made an early dinner for us so that we could go to Home Goods to see if there were any other bench options. 

When I saw this beauty, it absolutely was love at first sight.
I sent Ryan this picture and he said, "buy it!" So in the back of the Volvo in went! I was so excited!

The before, YIKES!



Isn't it wonderful!? I could only find one of the bigger bins (the one in the middle) but I think it balances the smaller bins just fine. 

I still need to find a rug in the front entry way, maybe a round one? something fun and colorful for sure. It has been such a pleasure to get shoes out of the storage bench, and both Brinley and Ellie are so excited to open it to find their shoes, and even put them away!! 

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute!!!!!!! Don't you just love getting organized? (and when husbands say "get it!"--music to my ears!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome buy! Plus for $99 that's not too bad. I love the fabric pattern too.

    ReplyDelete