Thursday, August 14, 2014

Steele Family Reunion: Hawaiian Luau

Monday was our first real play day in North Carolina. The men played golf in the morning and the women went for runs and got everyone ready to go on the boat the minute the men came back home. Before we left, the adults had a talk about the kids and boat safety. Each adult was assigned to a kid and like at Topsail Island last year, we had to do the verbal hand off if we needed a break or to switch kid assignments. This worked fabulously. It was Ellie and Dylan's first time on the boat and they were a little nervous at first, but both settled into the boat life pretty quickly. Baby Nora wasn't allowed on the boat, so we took turns staying back watching her so Jared and Cassandra could have some boat fun too. 




My parents neighbors quickly became the best people on the planet. They offered almost everything to my parents while we were there. They loaned us their 2 sea-doo's for the week, let the kids play on their backyard playground whenever we wanted, a double stroller, life jackets, and I'm sure there are more things! They are the most wonderful people and the sea-doo's were the perfect thing to offset the amount of people we could have on the boat. The 3 big kids loved to ride! Brinley kept wanting to go faster and faster! I learned afterwards, but Auntie Jilly took Brinley on her first ride and went almost 45 mph because Brin kept screaming to go faster! Jill's response, "she said faster, so I went faster!" My little timid girl loving speed and thrill! 


After we got back from the boat, and got cleaned up, next up was our Hawaiian Luau!! My dad cooked up ribs and shrimp on the grill and we had lots of fun salads for dinner. Everyone had their Luau gear thanks to my mother and her creativity. I put Hawaiian music through the bluetooth speaker and we loved to get down with our hula! I learned that Brinley is very talented doing the hula! She shakes those hips and gets her arms moving, it was pretty funny to watch. 





We had so much fun!! Perfect way to kick off our reunion week!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what is happening with my comments! Let me try again. Ahem. I am loving these vacation posts. So many good ideas! Chris and I both commented on how thin Ryan looked, too. You guyyssss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! FYI your grandparents are adorable!

    ReplyDelete