Monday, August 11, 2014

Steele Family Reunion: Blessing and Birthday

We had the best time in Charlotte for our Steele family reunion week. My grandparents from Canada flew in to enjoy the week with us. Instead of driving out to the coast to do a beach week (which was an amazing week too), we thought we would have just as much fun hanging around my parents house using the boat and pool. 

On Saturday, we got in the car by 5am and made the drive to Charlotte. The minute we pulled in, the kids went crazy because it has been a year since we've all been together! The bikes got pulled out and we had so much fun just being together. Ryan and I even did a little sea-doo ride around the lake before dinnertime. By Saturday night, everyone was here and the party could begin! We stayed up late talking and laughing and reminiscing about funny childhood memories. 



It was my birthday on Sunday and it was the best day! I felt so spoiled by everyone. The benefit of having a summer birthday is the high chance of being together with family, and I think the past 4-5 birthdays have been spent with family! I'm a lucky girl. On Sunday, my brother and his wife decided to bless their new baby Nora, so it was a wonderful coincidence to share my birthday with her special blessing day. Nora is the sweetest little baby. She is quiet and very chill. It has been fun to see Brinley and Ellie around her because I'm always interested how they act around babies. Ellie has been pretty obsessed with Nora and Brinley just wants to hold her so she can stare at her face. 





After Church, we all went home and took naps and had quiet time. My parents took the 3 big kids for an adventure walk to check out places in the neighborhood we could go to take family pictures. Ryan's childhood friend came over later that afternoon to take family pictures. It was HOT but everyone cooperated and we are all excited to see how the pictures turned out. 


For dinner, we had the best pasta veggie/sausage bake and salad. My mom, Grandma and Jill worked hard the day before to make the limest key lime pie ever for me. I love a good key lime pie, and they are never lime-y enough! This pie was to die for!! 


Ryan spoiled me this year by getting me my very own Seattle Seahawks shirt! So pumped!! He also got me a new shirt with matching Roxy beach flip flops. The girls "got" me a new Eos chap stick and a new phone case. We stayed up late watching What's Up Doc and having fun together as a family. I feel like 28 is going to be a great year for me. We feel more settled living in south Florida, I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life, I have wonderful friends in our new city, and life seems to be really good for us right now. We are happy and heathy and enjoying being together.

Stay tuned for more reunion details!

No comments:

Post a Comment