Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas in North Carolina: Part 1

It has been an interesting couple of weeks and I'm having a hard time finding the time to sit down to blog! But I know that if I don't get it done now, I'll regret it later when I have a million other things to blog about.

Before we started on our Christmas vacation week to North Carolina, we decided to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel. YUM! It was delicious and exactly what we needed to get in the holiday spirit and have some family time together. 

The drive up went as expected. It was long, but we had fun together in the car talking about all the people we were going to see and all the fun stuff we were going to do. We made record drive time to my parents house in only 9.5 hours! We didn't hit any traffic and we took quick potty stops along the way. It got drastically colder as we were driving north. Thank goodness I packed sweatshirts and socks to grab quickly when we had to go outside because by the time we got to Charlotte it was lightly raining and barely 40 degrees. COLD!
The girls were so happy to see Grandma and Grandpa Steele (and the dogs of course!). They were flying out to Seattle on the Tuesday and so we had one day to hang out. We had presents to swap and had time to do some Christmas traditions like lighting smokers, pyramids, the 4th candle of the Advent, and we even sang some songs. We went for a walk to the neighbors house because they have a huge Santa blow up in their yard and it is pretty epic to see! Ryan and I thought that it didn't seem right to drive all that way and not see the lake, so down to the lake we went! It was magical. The sky was clear, and the lake was so still. The girls were pretty exhausted by the end of it all so we got them quickly in the bath and then bed.











The next morning, Ryan and I packed up our stuff again and got out the door by 10am to make the 45 minute drive north to the Briggs. My parents took care of the girls while Ryan and I got showered and packed and it makes me laugh because days after we left my parents, I noticed pictures my mom was posting on instagram and facebook and had no clue when or where they were taken. They were having so much fun together having animal tea parties and playing doctor (Ellie's favorite!) and using her fancy vacuum. They love their grandparents so much and we can't wait until we can be together again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment