I made a wish list while I was pregnant with Ellie, and it was a great way to prioritize my mama needs and narrow down the important things I wanted/needed after she was born. It was so nice to have a girl for our second baby because we didn't really need to buy anything to prepare for her arrival. But now, with our baby boy on the way, things are different now. Everything we own is pink. Blankets. Burp cloths. Socks. well I guess our bumbo is blue, so that's good. haha, but seriously, we are starting from zero here! Fortunately, we bought a double stroller and an Ergo which will be great to use this time around too. The double strollers will be mainly to keep Ellie controlled and contained! She is a wild thing. I'm also really happy to already have my double jogger stroller to get up and moving after my c-section incision has healed.
So here is my happy Mama Wish List:
Bravado Silk Seamless Nursing Bra (found on Amazon)
Come to mama. It has fantastic reviews and I'm ready for a big girl comfy nursing bra. With Ellie, I bought a few nursing bras and was pretty unhappy with all of them the entire time. I used my old one I used with Brinley but it never fit properly. Has anyone tried this one?
Aden + Anais muslin swaddle blankets (found on Amazon)
These are a must. I have borrowed friends Aden blankets before and they are so soft and perfect and light for swaddling. Summer for babies in south Florida mean lots of onesies and muslin blankets. Don't want to over heat the babe, but these blankets add a perfect layer.
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base (found on Amazon)
The carseat we used with Brinley and Ellie has now been passed down to a friends little babe who will use it up until it expires this year. I knew when we were having a 3rd baby, we would need to get a new carseat. I love the Chicco brand and the front pull to tighten the straps. And hey, I don't mind giving this baby boy something just for him like a gender specific carseat :-)
Adorable baby boy sheets (found at Land of Nod)
I'm not a full bedding set kind of mama, so a few fitted sheets will suit him just fine! Aren't these adorable!? I'm planning on sewing a changing pad cover to match since those aren't too difficult to make, and probably a crib skirt too. These sheets are pricey, so I'm on the hunt to find a cute cheaper version.
Infant Seat (found at diapers.com)
Before we moved down here, I consigned our infant seat. That poor thing had taken quite a beating and thankfully, this replacement won't be expensive. I'm not too picky on the kind of bouncy seat. Something soft that will keep him safe with the girls running around wild.
Is there anything you would add to my list? We have been so lucky to be on the receiving end of some hand-me-down boy clothes. YAY! Because before that, we had nothing! This baby is set for awhile on clothes and I am soooo grateful for that!





I loved my Bravado nursing bra! I had two different styles. I started with one that looks similar to what you posted, but it was cotton. Later I moved to one that had memory foam? I can't remember. That is all with my maternity clothes, packed away. My SIL recommended this brand to me. She is busty and she loves this brand!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! Looks like you have a great list here!
The Aden and Anais brand swaddlers are AMAZING! I got a bunch at my baby shower and wasn't very excited. Now they are my go to gift for new moms!They truly are perfect for warm weather, but can be bunched up for colder temps too. They work great as a car seat cover for the sun. Or to make a little privacy barrier when you bring the car seat into church, etc. I think they get softer the more they are washed. There is also a burp cloth that they have. I loved the design. Plus, the fabric actually soaked up liquid. It was great for nursing. LOVED IT! (Now that I think about this, I wish they made nursing pads!)
My friend has that car seat and likes it. She did a lot of research and found it had great reviews.
Ugh, nursing pads...better start putting away money for those again! I go through SO MANY boxes while nursing it's ridiculous.
Delete