Ryan got a surf cast fishing pole for Christmas and has talked nothing but fishing ever since. When he said, "you guys should come fishing too!" I'm not going to lie, it didn't sound like fun at all. Surprise to you all, I'm not much of an outdoorsy person. I like being outside, but I'm definitely not the first hand to go up when someone wants to go hiking, or camping. As a single, I was all about it! But as a parent, it is so much work to get out the door everyday, let alone doing something outside like camping!
BUT, fishing at the beach!?? Ok!!! We had SO much fun! I was seriously so surprised how much fun we were having. Ryan went an hour before us to get started, and the girls and I followed with Publix subs, chips, and drinks a little while after. The girls had a blast playing in the sand, watching daddy fish, and of course chasing birds.
FISH #1
FISH #2
FISH #3
a salt water catfish!
The fish Ryan caught weren't huge, but the fact that he caught SOMETHING was totally exciting. The girls, me included, were screaming and running around as he was reeling in the fish. I couldn't help but laugh because we live 5 miles from the beach! From the OCEAN! Sometimes our life sounds so crazy. We are really trying to enjoy the ocean any time during the year. It was colder (70), and windy, but man we had fun! We also realized Ryan needs to invest in some longer pliers, gloves, and a net. You never know what you can reel in when you're fishing in the ocean. Our goal is to get a shark...until next time!










No comments:
Post a Comment