Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yellowstone Trip!

This semester, Ryan is taking a Senior Seminar class where the Professor chooses the topic to study throughout the whole semester. His teacher chose National Parks. As a class, they decided they would go up and visit Yellowstone National Park, seeing as it is only 90 minutes away from Rexburg. We already decided that I would tag along because along with Ryan, I have also never been to Yellowstone. We drove separate than going with the rest of the class in the 15 passenger van because I knew by the end of the day I would be very tired and my back would be killing me. Why would I want to annoy the rest of the students with my complaints? So yes, I would much rather annoy Ryan because he is understanding and is so good at catering to my needs. So we met up with the class, Friday morning at 6AM ready for a day full of FUN and buffalo. It was unfortunately pretty rainy in the morning but about half way through the day the sun came out and it turned out to be a great day to see the sites. Yellowstone was great. I am so happy we went and were able to check that off our list of places to see. Ryan's teacher was so helpful to keep me well informed of the history of Yellowstone and include us in on their discussions. And yes, Old Faithful was faithful. It was actually pretty impressive to see that geyser basically explode water and steam 150 ft in the air. The little Beebee enjoyed the trip too. She was kicking the whole day. Maybe someday we will come back to Yellowstone with a whole van load of our own kids.


Yellowstone Lake was awesome!


Our favorite spot. This Geyser is called Dragon's Mouth.


The Falls. Absolutely breath-taking and beautiful!


The landscape and of course some bison.

ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Yellowstone! So glad you got to go! My favorite things were the bubbling mud hot pots- crazy nature things there I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent every 4th of July week there when I was growing up for a family reunion and I know all the cool sites. My cousins and I all laugh because we love the smell of sulfur. It gives us all good memories.

    ReplyDelete