But, I must say, waking up this morning on June 1st, I felt good about:
1. Getting Visit Taught
2. My comp and I visited both our girls- one of which we found out has been in the ward for over a year and has NEVER been Visit Taught.
and
3. Being Home Taught.
I am no pro with VT. Trust me. I struggle just as anyone else living here in the bubble of Rexburg. My comp is basically inactive and she was seriously ill while being pregnant. So, It's been hard getting it done every month. And I don't take the initiative and call her every month. And Ryan and I have never been Home Taught either so it felt so good to have our HT come over and give us a nice spiritual thought.
I forgot how needed VT and HT is in this Church. When Ryan told me that our 95% active Ward only has 19% HT, I was very disappointed. I am grateful for Ryan for getting his HT done every month and blessing other families in the Ward. We have definitely felt blessings in our little family because of his obedience.
Alright, off my soap box. But really, I NEED YOUR HELP.
I am the Enrichment Leader in my Ward (I know I know I know.....trying to deal) and I was wondering if any of you had any brilliant ideas that maybe you've done in the past for Enrichment or have been to before. Thanks gals!
I don't know about married wards, but we're doing a clothes swap and BBQ this month for Enrichment. Maybe you could do a baby kids clothes swap? :)
ReplyDeleteCraft parties always seem to be a hit! I know in a friends ward there (the 75th ward, I think) they did a bow/clip making class (then my friend enjoyed it so much she started selling them!) Recipe/cooking classes with samples are always fun. Cardmaking, picture taking tips, even the service swap we did in March or April was really fun, I think people really enjoyed that one! Good luck! I'll keep thinking!
ReplyDeleteHappy June to YOU! Summer is so fun!
ReplyDeletehmmm. Enrichment ideas...
Pizza making
Tips of de-cluttering, simplifying, and organizing
Service Auction
try to get a feel for what kinds of talents the women in you R.S. have. And give them opportunities to teach it to the sisters.
So, my sis-in-law in Greensboro just did one where she researched all the things her state of NC had to offer. Such as places to go, things to see, etc. She has lived here all her life, but learned some new things, and i did too! Like there is a really cool Cherokee Indian reservation that has plays & tours and such near my home up here in the mountains that we will be visiting soon :). Anyway, she found stuff from the coast to the mountains and everything in between to do!
ReplyDeleteThis seems to have some pretty sweet ideas...
ReplyDeletehttp://bucketideasforenrichment.blogspot.com/