Friday, October 30th:
Ry and I went in to see our doctor just for my 40 week check up and discuss my induction that was scheduled for Nov. 2nd. I was still dialated to 1cm. Talk about depressing! 1cm for almost 3 weeks!! Dr. Barton said, "well, lets cross our fingers!" I wasn't too sure about being induced because it increases your risk of having a c-section by 30% and who knows how long I would be in labor for when my body wasn't ready to let Brinley out. SO. We went home. I was pretty much a slug all day and Ryan and I just bummed around at night. We watched a movie and went to bed around 11PM. Oh...and we had Taco Bell for dinner. I looooooooaded on the FIRE hot sauce. I'm convinced that's what started it all.
Around {4:30AM} Saturday, October 31st:
Sleeping in bed.
Feel something wet.
JUMP out of bed.
Waddle to the bathroom.
GUSH! on the bathroom floor.
"RYAN!? My water broke!"
We ran around the apartment like crazy people for a few minutes, jumped in the car, and sped to the hospital. We were admitted around 5AM. What a wild ride. It was a long day. They cranked up the pitocin because I was still only at 1CM. My contractions were so intense I seriously thought I was going to die. I was only at 2CM around 11PM but my fantastic nurse, Michelle, fibbed a bit and got my epidural around 12PM. After that, I was in HEAVEN! Drugs are amazing.
For the next few hours, we just hung out...watched Saturday College Football (of course...). I napped a ton because I needed tons of energy later. We had a few friends stop by but other than that, we just chilled in our room! I finally dialated to 5CM around 4PM and then it only took an hour or so to jump to 8CM. We were getting so excited! Finally...the end is near! Not even an hour after that, Dr. Barton came in and checked me and said, "She's at a 10. Lets get pushing."
{WHAT!?} Oh man. Pushing. Now that's a blog post by itself. The pain was definitely getting stronger than the epidural could handle. Lets just say, between the penicillin burning through my arm and the contractions...I was a bit of a mess. My nurse, Ginger was super hard core and did not let me give up. Ryan is the best counter...FYI. So, I pushed for over an hour and things just weren't progressing like we wanted. Brinley was super close but we needed Dr. Barton and his magic vacuum to do the rest. He came in, and 20 minutes later....Brinley was here! It was soooo worth it. O my goodness.
There are no words to describe seeing that precious baby for the first time. She was so dang cute from the first second of life! I fell so deep in love with her instantly. I couldn't believe Ryan. He watched the whole thing go down and was so supportive. I definitely needed him to be tough and not (wimp) out. Brinley was rushed over to the table to get cleaned off and Ryan was over there holding her hand and talking to her. Her oxygen levels weren't perfect and her heart rate was super fast so the nurse decided to place her skin-to-skin on my chest and almost immediately, everything calmed down and she was perfect. We just looked at each other. (OMG totally crying right now as I type) I was still in lots of pain...and not to go into details but my placenta totally and accidentally dropped on my doctor and then onto the ground...everyone laughed it was awesome. But, thinking about it now, the spirit was so strong in that room. How can you not believe in God when life was just brought into the world? She is perfect.
We are home now and feel soooo blessed. She is nursing like a champ but I feel like my nipples are going to fall off. But, we are doing great! Thanks for all the support and prayers! I definitely felt the prayers because I thought a few times that I wasn't going to make it out alive! Enjoy the pictures too!




omg, get some nipple cream! that stuff is a lifesaver! I love hearing different labor stories. It's incredible, isn't it? Glad Ryan hung in there. I knew he would. I heard he and Brad on the phone talking about it all. So cute. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! And Noah thinks she's pretty too. lol
THANK YOU for posting the story! I LOVE reading birth stories.
ReplyDeleteI was LAUGHING out loud about your placenta, that's just hilarious! Of course it's one of those things that had you known ahead of time you would have been embarrassed, like those that toot or poop while pushing, but in the moment, you don't care!
She really is perfect.
Not like you haven't gotten tons of unsolicited advice already, but for the nursing: lanolin and 'soothies'; and if the vacumm and pushing weren't kind to you either, try 'Tucks' pads and 'dermoplast'
Okay, I'm done now! She is SOO beautiful!
meagan! i am just so so happy for you and ryan! that brinley is a beauty. i cannot get over her hair i love it so much. i can't wait to see her in person. love you lots
ReplyDeleteSHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Oh my goodness, she has the most perfect head of hair. I'm so glad you posted!
ReplyDeleteSeriously Meagan that is one beautiful little girl. I got a little choked up myself, I can't believe I am going to go through all that. Got any advice??? Please pass it all my way.
ReplyDeleteShe's sooooooo beautiful- I just can't believe it! I loved reading your story:P Oh- by the way- the nipple creams never worked for me- if they aren't for you- the only thing that did heal me up was putting a little breastmilk on after the baby was finished nursing and air drying!!! (Just make sure your windows are closed:P) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteSO, so, so, so cute! I want a baby! I loved hearing the story! My nips were KILLING me with Lily, and they were much better the second time around with Cannon. Probably because they were so close together and they hadn't fully recovered! ha ha. You are going to love that baby more every day. I love her dark hair! Love, love, love it. Soak it up!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Meg! She is so beautiful!! You make such a cute mom!
ReplyDeleteaww meagan she is beautiful! love u!
ReplyDeleteDo you have nipple cream? Purple tube, Lansolin...don't go ANYWHERE without it. She's a beaut. Can you believe how much you love them? Amazing huh?!!
ReplyDeletepretty sure i got goosebumps about six different times while reading that post. {even after hearing the story from you...} AHH...isn't motherhood the BEST??? you are already a pro, it definitely came natural girl.
ReplyDeletelittle brinley is such a sweetheart. we are so SO excited to meet her, and introduce her to max in a few short weeks.
keep the posts coming. i love reliving the moments through you! it goes so fast {max is already rolling over! haha} so enjoy every minute.
i love you girl. let's chat again soon. xoxo.
Ah I am crying like a baby reading that. Way to go mommy! I am so proud/happy for you guys. Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeletehahaha ok now thats funny about the placenta! I'm telling you, there is some truth to spicey foods!! Chili Colorado totally worked for me, not so much the nurses though! :o Did you get any of those gel thingies for your nips? they saved me, it hurt to even let the air touch! i think they are called soothies? and the cream helps too. but nothing really will take the problem away other than just letting them toughen up. ooowwwwie!!
ReplyDeleteGreat story! I love reading about birth stories they are all so different! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteShe really is the prettiest baby girl I have seen! I loved reading you posts and I can't get over how gorgeous she is:)
ReplyDeleteso this is tiffany...evan has a blog, i do not...anyway. i nearly cried reading it. she's so beautiful and hearing ryan talk about it when we came over was amazing! congratulations. what a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud when I read that you nipples are about to fall off! I'm so glad she's here safe and sound and that all went well with your labor. She seriously is GORGEOUS! Honestly, one of the prettiest newborns I've ever seen! Congrats to you guys!
ReplyDeleteI've been out of the blog loop for a week and I was estatic to come back and see the update on little Brin! SO cute you two! What a cute baby with such cute hair. ADORABLE. Congrats. Can't wait to hear your future blog posts and how they will all center around a little thing less than 10 lbs!
ReplyDeleteWoohooo! Congrats Meagan! You did it :) I'm super late on all of this, but I was thinking, "hey, I bet her baby is here I better go read about it!"
ReplyDeleteI love reading the stories too :)