Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to (literally)

For the mooooost part of the night, Brinley was in a Great mood! But, like all 1 year old parties, the babies stay happy for only soooo long.

So yes, Brinley cried at her party. She didn't nap too well today but I was SO excited to have friends over and also an excuse to make some realllly awesome appetizers :-) We're all fat kids deep down right?

I made:
>the smokies, rolled in bacon, and cooked in brown sugar recipe I got from a friend in Rexburg. TO. DIE. FOR. And soo bad for you.
>The best cream cheese veggie dip ever!
>and cupcakes my mother-in-law sent us!

5 minutes before 4pm, Ryan goes, maybe I should dress up! hahahaha So we whipped up a "geek" outfit. I ended up making cat ears so I could be Brinley's Mommy Cat. I thought we looked super cute together :-)
Party favors on the left (definitely forgot to give those out before everyone left!)

Cupcakes!

Tiff, we FINALLY got our pics completed. I love it up there!

Me and my Kitty Cat

Geeky Daddy and his baby kitty


Brinley doing her zombie walk/run. She is now 80/20 walk/crawl ratio. Proud of her!

Thank you Martha Stewart for this idea! I love it!

Our great friends, The Browns. Cute idea right??? Their son is only 6 weeks younger than Brinley. We hang a couple times a week. Helps both Mommies to get out, right!? Lonely grad school wives with babies... tonight They won, Best dressed! Love you guys!

It was great to have our friends over. I LOVe any excuse to throw a party and get people together. Our great friends provided new jammies for Brin (because she is wearing 6-9 month ones that are just tooooo tight) and homemade hair bows and clips. So excited!
*
My mama comes this Wednesday!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a huge success. I think Greta's will be Valentine's themed (not as fun as Halloween...but what is!?) I love your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT party meag! i just cannot believe she is 1 already. holy cow.

    cute costumes, favors, cupcakes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like you had FUN! Wish we could have been there for the party! Love the pics...they look great on your wall! Can't wait to see you for Christmas....Carter is pushing things around the room on his Feet! MY kid!!! at this rate he will be walking my Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!
    I love the decorating ideas! Too cute... especially the pumpkin filled with ice! That Martha.

    Still waiting to see the other three costumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love all your little ideas!!! I should start figuring out what to do for Eden's first birthday! Any suggestions now that you have had one???

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a FUN fun party!!!! everything turned out SO dang cute meagan! you are such a great mommy. and you and brin look so cute together! i love all of your costumes.

    p.s. we know the browns!! what a small, small world. they must be the ones you were telling me about that were in the seminary program. you'll have to tell them hi from us...i'm pretty sure they would remember.

    and happy birthday to brinley in ONE week!!! craziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for parties, you did a smashing job! it only took the car drive home for us to finish our favor candies? ha mmmm

    i'm so glad we got to hang!
    let's get some game nights rollin!

    and that mashed potatoes video is sooo funny! love her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo wish we coulda been there for Miss B's big day! It looks like the perfect party and I Looove the costumes and decor! Darling lil kitty cat and lion! Can't wait til we can chill again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your crafty decorations too! And how cute are you and Brinley and i almost laughed out loud at Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, it was a great party! And I'm so happy we got to wear our costumes since Preston was gone for the ward party. So fun!

    Oh, and we need another play date pronto. Brayden kinda has a cold, so maybe we should wait. . . lame. But, after a weekend alone and Preston's super busy next 2 weeks, I'm a lone mom who's needing some social time.

    ReplyDelete