Friday, September 14, 2012

36 weeks and baby stuff

Getting to this stage in the pregnancy has been a loooong road. I can't believe we are less than a month away from my due date. It's actually quite shocking, really. When our journey started, I never thought we would get to this point, and look, we're here. And the due date is only going to creep closer...and closer.


I have been feeling pretty good lately. I think I officially "waddle," and groan every time I get up from the floor or couch. Besides the 3-hour sleep stretches I am getting at night due to going pee so often, I am feeling pretty energized during the day! Brinley and I are so busy that I think it has really helped me stay pretty active and "fit." I am definitely carrying a lot different this pregnancy. My weight gain is almost identical as with Brinley, but my belly is a lot more forward. With Brinley, my booty got b-i-g. This time, I am still fitting into my maternity shorts and pants. Thank goodness!! Getting dressed everyday is a challenge and it is getting rather frustrating! Nothing is fitting. Even my Hanes v-necks, my pregnancy staple, are getting tight, and short!! Yikes. The belly is hanging out of almost everything.

Baby girl is so active. I am so curious how much she is going to weigh at delivery! I am measuring perfectly and right on track. She loves to go crazy after I drink cold water and after every meal. She seems to get really active while I am eating, which makes it very challenging to get bites down. She has found my ribcage and loves to kick, or elbow, or knee straight out just above my belly button.

Speaking of which, my belly button. Sorry, no pictures of that guy. But, it is sticking straight out. You can see it through my shirts. Ryan always says, "the turkey is done!" when he sees my belly button. It actually hurts when I touch it or bump it on things. How frustrating! Does a pregnancy outie go back to normal after delivery?? 

Last week, I ventured out to Walmart by myself and picked up some baby items and hospital bag items.  When I got home and looked at all that I purchased, I was so relieved. Oh my goodness, it felt so good to get some things crossed off my list! Essentials that I got: baby bath, binky's, a couple newborn sleepers, a swaddle sack, toiletries for my hospital bag, nipple cream, diaper cream, Dreft detergent, and pack n play sheets.

wipes my mom ordered from Costco. I couldn't believe the amount of wipes and the fact that this whole box only cost $30. Ridonkulous. 

I feel pretty darn good right now with where we are at. Still need to get a manual breast pump, though. Thank goodness we are having another girl because daaaang, babies are expensive! 

I finally got to washing and organizing the newborn-3 month clothes! Holy cow everything is so little! 



Thankfully, the humidity index here in Florida has settled down and it is actually pretty pleasant outside! My car even read 76 degrees one day...and it was only like 9am. hahaha! But seriously, I didn't think my thermometer reader was ever going to go into the 70's. 

Love this cute girl!

9 comments:

  1. You look so cute! Those last days of pregnancy are hard. I think it's suppose to be that way so that you actually look forward to giving birth just to have your body back! We bought that same bath tub for Ava. It was perfect! It was fun putting her in the tub with Livi. I can't wait to see your sweet new baby girl and hear her name. I bet she is going to have so much hair like Brinley. Lucky! Both my girls were bald!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit Meg. Yo look awesome! Good luck this last little bit! We're so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Ava doesn't use that baby tub anymore, but it did just have a recall on it! Like the WEEK I ordered it. Thankfully, mine is one of the newer models I guess and didn't have the recall on that model, but here is the link. Check it out. http://news.consumerreports.org/safety/2012/08/summer-infant-bath-seats-recalled-due-to-fall-danger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're ready for her arrival! :) It must feel great to be prepared, definitely have to hospital bag packed early cuz you never know when the time is right :) And we get our wipes from Amazon and it's like 720 pampers wipes for about $14, which is like .02 cents a wipe :) So excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely not a diaper snob, but I am a wipe snob. I found that pampers were too wet! I didn't like how slick they were. I am all about huggies wipes. But that deal is tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you the cutest pregnant woman on earth?!? HOW?!?! That's a whole lotta wipes. I'll have to remember to go to Costco when the time comes. We love wipes. We have adult wipes in every bathroom. Think about it: If you get poop on your arm and you have to choose between wipes and toilet paper, what are you going to use?!? No brainer....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are GORGEOUS! Seriously, you look amazing. SO so so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a beaut!! Brinley, I want to die. What a doll!!! I am so excited for you guys. P.S. Costco is the ONLY place to get wipes/diapers. A-MAzing!! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete