Thursday, December 6, 2012

lately with Brinley

Brinley has continually surprised me with the transition of Ellie coming into our family. She has never shown any sort of resentment towards her. It is all love, lots and lots of sisterly love. She loves to kiss her. Or ask me if she is awake or asleep, happy or sad. She is always concerned when she is crying. I love that. On the other hand, her tantrums have gotten bigger and more explosive. Not more frequent, but just bigger. She feels very....entitled. That word just sends shivers down my spine. Like most of America (ahem, the election), feels like they are entitled to a lot without having to work for anything. Similarly  Brinley feels like she is entitled to a lot without doing the work. I am doing my best to teach her that she doesn't always get what she wants right at that very second, or ever for that matter. Her requests are usually simple, but if I'm feeding Ellie or doing something for Ellie, she gets angry fast. Yikes. That girl is something else. Quite the diva if I do say so myself. Just like her mama :-)



On the brighter side, she is always making me laugh. She says the funniest things. She loves to dress up in her old and very small Halloween costumes. The kitty cat is a favorite :-)


We hit the 4:30pm funk everyday and if it is nice, like it always is in Florida, we go for a stroll outside. My friend let me borrow her baby K'Tan wrap and I love it. Brinley likes to take her baby stroller and find rocks along the way.

see? total diva.

I am doing my best getting her more involved at meal times. She is a great helper, but I am just a taaaaad bit on the ocd side when it comes to messes at dinner time. I like to clean as I go and keep my workspace as organized as possible. The other night we made homemade pizzas and she loved helping. It bonded us and humbled my mama heart a bit. She just wants to help. Gotta remember that always.

I couldn't believe it the other night when I was about to leave for the store, that I have never been out of the house with just Brinley. It was past her bedtime, but I took her to Publix anyways. She lounged in the car cart the entire time and we just had so much fun. And I honestly felt so refreshed shopping with her and not having to worry about Ellie or how I was going to carry the groceries up 3 flights of stairs with a toddler and a baby carrier.


I love this girl so much. She is growing up so quickly, but she is the sweetest, kindest little thing. She has the biggest heart towards everyone and everything. She is so stinking smart it scares me sometimes. She loves to ask what words mean, "momma, what does disgusting mean?" and then she will say things are disgusting 100 times that day. She is constantly learning and doing and saying new things. Love this girl!

4 comments:

  1. I was just telling Mike last night that I love 3! Addie is so fun. going shopping with her is actually fun now. I think it's only up from here (until we hit 12....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg I am just like you - very OCD when it comes to making messes anywhere! (especially in the kitchen) I don't have any children but I do work at a Montessori daycare. The kids constantly amaze me. I am so surprised at what they can actually do at such a young age! It's been teaching me PATIENCE. I'd SO much rather do things myself because I can do them faster (and better but only because I'm older). But I am so grateful to be learning now to let my future children do things and help me! (patience...SOO much patience. haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet brin! what a good big sis. i love these pics of you two. you're such a good mom meagan. always impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a cutie! I LOVE my Baby K'Tan wrap!! It was a lifesaver with Savannah and I'm sure it will be again with Jacob. I was in the Primary Presidency and wore it every Sunday so I still had two free hands-haha! James has entered the question phase as well except his is "what kind of ____?" over and over until I say I don't know. I mean how do you answer that after 3 or 4 rounds of breaking something down.....

    ReplyDelete