Whew. This week was hard to get to the gym. Ryan=finals week. Me=home all day with no break to get to the gym. Don't get me wrong, it is tough to be home all day and night without the husband (trust me...) but it is only for 10 days. I would rather have him gone then be home and stressed out and itching to get back to studying. I did my best, though! 2 days is better than zero!
Tuesday:
Ryan got home a few minutes before 5, so I jetted to the gym. I left him with a crying baby and a crazy toddler with dinner simmering on the stove. I told him to eat without me because I had a church meeting at 7. I left the gym in such a hurry that I didn't go to the bathroom beforehand so imagine (or don't) a post-partum mama only 8 weeks out, RUNNING with a full bladder. It took me a good 10 minutes to stop feeling like I was going to pee my pants with every step. I was able to run 2.5 miles and stretch. It was great to sweat of course, but then I was scared to come home to hear how things went the 40 minutes I was gone.
Thursday:
Ryan finished his final in the morning and came home for lunch. I bolted to the gym right when Ellie was nursed and Brinley went down for her nap. I finally hit the 3 mile mark! Wooo! I am going to plan on reaching the 3 mile mark every time I run now. It felt so good and I really think I am getting into a running groove!
Bummed I was only able to get in 2 running days, but with Ryan's finals schedule taking top priority, and also the missionaries coming over for dinner on Saturday, sometimes things gotta take a back seat.
Bummed I was only able to get in 2 running days, but with Ryan's finals schedule taking top priority, and also the missionaries coming over for dinner on Saturday, sometimes things gotta take a back seat.
come on!!!!! in her sleep turtle face :-)

Get it girl! You are doing so good at working out! Definitely much better than me! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteYou are an inspiration!! Seriously. I would have made up a million different excuses...so proud of you! Maybe one of these days I'll make it to the gym!
ReplyDelete