Well, the much anticipated last post before our move! This week has been exhausting! It has been soooo nice to have Ryan around to help with the packing, you have no idea. No school? No Finals? No work?? We are living the dream over here!
The Elders Quorum is showing up around 3:30-4pm today to help load the truck, and then we will spend the night here camping out together as a family. We plan on taking off as early as we can get out the door Saturday morning, so lets hope the girls have their normal 7am wake up and we can get on the road by 7:30am. The drive is only 5-6 hours long, but we plan on stopping multiple times because I'll be driving alone with the girls, and Ryan will be cruising in the truck alone. My neck and right arm and shoulder will probably be kinked and dislocated by the end of the drive. Ellie and Brinley are great travelers, and there are lots of places to stop if we need to. As long as Brinley has endless snacks, and her dvd player, I'm not worried. Ellie is definitely more interactive now and needing more attention, but that's what Brinley is for!!
Every day this week, we planned what we wanted to accomplish, so now, we aren't overwhelmed. All the deep cleaning has been done. And everything has a place to go. We have donated a bunch of things and honestly, I am reminded that you really can live off of the bare minimum and still be happy. All the extra things that are necessities can take up so much space, and living in an apartment, we are always desperate to make some more room.
Brinley keeps asking when we will be at our beach house, and I can't believe I can finally say TOMORROW!
This is so exciting!!! I can't believe the time has come. The day is almost here. I want to come visit you at the beach!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your husband on graduating! Wishing you luck on your big move!! I enjoy reading your blog! Our daughters are about the same age and are both named Elly, Although I spell it differently! lol :D
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys!!! :)
ReplyDeletegooooood luck! packing and moving with kids----I can't comprehend how that works. hard.
ReplyDelete