And just like that, I am almost in my final trimester! and I have been absolutely horrible on keeping a journal this pregnancy!
Let's see, after feeling sick until I was about 18 weeks along, things have been going great now. It is amazing how feeling drained and uncomfortable and crummy day after day after day just puts you in the worst mood ever. I was so relieved around Thanksgiving time when I actually felt like I could eat a full meal without needing to run to the bathroom afterwards to throw up. Even my heartburn has been minimal this time around too. So is it because we're having a boy? and maybe he won't have any hair? Who knows!
It is AMAZING how many comments I've gotten this time around about the size of my belly, or the amount of children I have, or because we are having a boy it's gotta be our last, right??
Seriously.
From comments from midwives at my doctors office about my weight gain, and comments from coworkers, and lots of strangers who feel the need to share the opinion about my belly size. It's probably best just to keep those opinions to yourself! I was at work the other day, and a customer asked if I was pregnant and if this was my first baby. I smiled and said, Nope, it's my third! If only I had a camera to capture the look on this woman's face. It was like I said we were pregnant with our thirtieth. Am I crazy to think three kids is the new norm and lots of people have three kids? But why do people always feel the need to share their opinion? Yuck. Just stop. Yes, this baby might be our last. But it is not because we are having a boy. Ryan and I have our own opinions and feelings about having more babies and guess what? We don't need the opinion of others! "Will this be your list since it's a boy?" or "I bet you're happy you're having a boy and not another girl." Ugh. And they're mainly coming from complete strangers!
But on a happier note, the baby is happy and healthy and moving around a lot! Ryan has been able to feel him kick around. I'm sure Brinley would be able to feel too, but she only waits a few seconds and moves onto the next thing. My back has been pretty sore during the day and especially at night. I'm blaming that on still working at Old Navy and being on my feet so much during the day. My sciatic nerve has occasionally twinged and dang that hurts! I feel so bad for pregnant mamas that have that as a constant problem. My doctor has reassured me that it is not going to get better haha but with a heating pad it could help a little.
Speaking of doctors, I am struggling a bit with the office that I go to. I had such a wonderful doctor with Ellie that I am really probably just depressed he can't deliver this baby too. There are multiple doctors at the office and I just don't feel like they are very personable and friendly to me when I come in. Meh. I still have a few months to get to know them more, but it is definitely frustrating when an office doesn't really make you feel totally comfortable and welcome!
We are under 100 days now and it just feels so crazy to say that! I hope the next 3 months fly by, but at the same time, I need to really savor the time I have with just Brinley and Ellie. We have a few fun family adventures planned before the baby comes and I am so excited for it. Those girls are going to adore their baby brother and I can't wait to see how our family dynamic changes.



Your pregnancy is going by so fast! And, yeah, everyone has to say SOMETHING to you, right? When I was pregnant with Jack, not very many people said things to me about the number of kids. BUT I got some of the most judgmental looks I have ever had. They'd look at my belly, then at baby Gavin, then back to my belly, then notice James, and then give me a death stare. Like I was the most horrible person having three kids, let alone close together. The comments came when they found out I was having my third boy- "oh, you HAVE to keep trying for a girl!!" or "I bet you aren't done, hoping for a girl!" Actually, pretty sure there is no written law that requires families to have both genders. And perfectly happy with three boys :) I definitely learned to take the naive comments with a grain of salt and just smile through it. Now I get the comments of "you've got your hands full!" Why, yes, I do and I love it! The comments will never stop- it's amazing that people can find something to say about every situation. Have too little kids, they'll tell you. Have too many, they'll tell you. Someone will say something about anything.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you look great! So excited for your little guy to come!!
Girl, don't listen to the haters. You look perfect! Can't wait to see that little boy!
ReplyDelete