It is even more exciting because the grand babies on both Ryan and my side are boys (and they are the cutest little boys ever...) SO I thought to myself while at the doctors office Tuesday waiting to hear those magic words of our babies gender:
"This baby better be a girl or I have no idea who is going to spoil us."
(I know I'm annoying...)
The ultrasound tech took her precious time with telling us the gender. Ryan told me after our appointment that he was getting a bit worked up because she looked at everything before telling us what we were having. The baby was sitting breach so it made it a bit complicated.
It was the neatest experience seeing the baby's organs, chambers of her heart, parts of her brain, her cute spine and ribcage, her fingers and arms and legs, and to her little nose and profile. The ultrasound tech finally said, "Oh! I know what the baby is!!!" I'm like, I sure hope so!!!! And she goes, "You guys want to know right?" Ryan goes, "YA! Tell us!" and finnnnnnnnnnnnnally she says with a smile "it's a GIRL!" And I raised the roof and got a little teary and said YES!!!!!! Ryan and I were SO excited the rest of the day. Even though I had to take a 2.5 hour test right after, but Heavenly Father definitely blessed me with a clear and focused mind.
I'm not sure why, and I'm sure every Mommy-to-be feels this way too, but the baby doesn't seem real until you know the gender and you see it move on the ultrasound screen. She moves quite a bit but it isn't fluid movements yet because she is still small, but it's like little jabs and punches throughout the day. She is definitely a busy girl. If she has the attitude like me, watch out! and if she has the crazy energy like Ryan, she will definitely need one of those toddler leashes to keep her from running everywhere.
My Dad says "he can tell" that the baby has the Briggs nose and the Steele top lip/under bite. Which all I could think about was 6 years of braces because my older brother David had a serious under bite and had braces from about 12 years old until he graduated high school. We have already started a fund, no worries.
My younger brother, Jared who is serving a mission in California said in a letter before we found out the baby is a girl he said, "I'm excited for your little kid, i think its gonna be a girl, i could see your family having like 5 girls and no boys haha. tell Ryan i said that." What a funny boy.
Little girls are so special. I am so excited for this crazy adventure ahead of us. I am so lucky/blessed to have such an amazing husband who takes care of me and definitely loves me (and my weird shaped body now). The next few months are going to be a ton of fun and Expensive and BUSY but preparing the baby's room and buying little dresses and bows and dolls will all be worth it in the end :-)
Nice Header Meags. Getting Fancy!
ReplyDeleteI am just so happy that you are having a girl (cause they are so much more fun to shop for and they are real cute!)
and i liked how you said that her spine is cute! hehe
you're gonna be the best mom ever!
and i loved what jared said. he's funny. How is that boy? rocking the mission field!
YEAH! CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow i can totally see what your dad is saying about the nose & top lip :)!! She is adorable Meagan, you & Ryan are going to be fabulous parents! Congratulations to you both :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the little girl! I have to admit, Lily was my own personal, living doll that I could dress up (until she formed her own opinion on what she should wear...now it is very interesting and some days I want to wear a sign saying that she dressed herself). All the girlie stuff is definitely a lot of fun. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteP.S. My mother-in-law made similar comments such as "she has your nose." Can you really tell that from a x-ray-like, skeletal picture? So funny!!! Luke's 3-D one that he had taken a couple of weeks before his birth didn't look like him at all when he came out!
ReplyDeletejust reading that post gives me the goosebumps. i am so excited for you guys...and am even more excited that we get to go through this whole mommy-to-be stuff together. wow. life is great, isn't it???
ReplyDeleteps. how did you do that super cute header?? i love it. you and ryan are the greatest.
Pretty sure we were just reading eachother's blogs at the same time! Thanks for leaving that really gross comment, LOL.
ReplyDeleteOH YEAH and congrats on having a girl! So exciting! Get ready for PINK :)