Monday, October 19, 2009

My absolutely wonderful Mother!


My extremely talented Mother, senora Ingrid Steele, has been working on BGB's quilt. I've been dying to see it and she finally decided to mail it out to me a couple weeks ago. Lets just say, I sat on the couch holding it for awhile. I can't wait to wrap BGB in it and have her feel her Gramma's love! I always joked about my house growing up that it was Amish because my Mom made soooo many quilts and put them up. Now I know why. They are absolutely beautiful. She taught herself how to quilt and has absolutely mastered the art. She even does it mostly by hand....are you kidding me!? When BGB grows out of the quilt, it is going to be mounted on the wall for all to look at it!


Thanks again, Mom. You are AMAZING.
(and I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks....I need you!)

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Hand quilted quilts are the best! Machine quilted quilts tend to be so stiff.
    Not much longer girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! but STOP posting until that baby comes. every time you post I think I'm going to be FINALLY reading the post that says she arrived! Hopefully SOON, and no you're belly couldn't get any bigger. I remember that feeling, so I hope, hope, hope you don't have to endure much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is beautiful! i LOVE INGRID. baby briggs will love to be wrapped up tight in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid is my fav. That is a beeeeautiful quilt. That will be cherished forever. Thanks for posting pictures. Now...lets see the BGB. GET HERE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely!!!! I wish I could quilt. Maybe I should teach myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BGB's quilt is so beautiful! My mom's been teaching me to quilt and it's so much fun, but I wish I had a little someone special to quilt for. I guess I'll just save up until that time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. love the quilt. your mom is the cutest.

    2. where is bgb????? seriously. if only she knew what she was missing, she would hurry on out of there!

    3. it was soooo good to chat the other day. i love you. a lot.

    4. hang in there!!! we're cheering for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a beautiful quilt. My mom is making me a quilt for baby Sayre as well... for my baby shower her present was showing me a sneak peak of what the quilt will look like. So i opened up a letter with scraps of material stapled on it. I couldn't help but cry because it was the most beautiful scrap. Or maybe it was my hormones: ) BGB will look so cute in your mommas home made quilt made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that really is adorable! I want one;)

    ReplyDelete