This weekend was:
busy, fun, and sleep-less.
Why? Here are some reasons...
1. My Dad came into town! It was a random visit because he had a work thing at BYU so he decided to drive up for the weekend to hang with us!! Mostly to see his grand-daughter but I like to think I still have a place in my Dad's heart :-) He l-o-v-e-s Brin. They had morning cuddles, lots of smiles, and he sure helped me out!
(and he fixed my vaccum!!! Holy cow. He said it looked like a years worth of CRAP backed up in the tubes! Goodness!)
2. Ryan worked alllll weekend. At the end of every month, he sells his soul to the Devil named Melaluca. He worked 12-12 on Saturday. And unfortunately, that night Brinley decided that sleep was for losers and she was up every hour. O the joys....Basically, Ryan and I were walking Zombies at church. Sooo grateful my Dad was here to help out. At Church, I passed Brinley to my Dad during Priesthood/RS so I could enjoy a quiet meeting...and about 15 minutes before it ended, I heard a baby crying in the hall and I thought...wow that sounds like my child...and come to find out it was!! She needed her mommy. I always wondered if I would be able to know my baby's cry when I wasn't holding her or in the same house. It was semi gratifying :-)
3. HW!!!!!!!!! This past week almost killed me. With a meltdown on Monday annnnnnd Tuesday night, I was ready to quit. I worked on HW all weekend. Thankfully, Heavenly Father has blessed me with spiritual gifts that help me get through the day...and be able to function on verrry minimal sleep! When is April 9th again?
4. I gave Brinley a hair cut. Her har was so....long. I couldn't handle it anymore. Between the thick mullet patch in the back, the long thin strands all over, the bald spots, and the loooong top...It had to go! I just trimmed it all down and I think she looks adorable. It is still long, but just cleaned up!
Ryan and I have been super busy planning for the move next month. I can't believe it is already here. If I think about the million things on my list, I WILL FREAK OUT! Things are getting complicated, but like my Dad told me:
"You have your end goal, Florida State. (or UNC...). You just need to work out how to get there."
Brin is now 4 months old!
Her appt is on Friday so I'll post with her stats and fun info about this girl. She really is such a joy...even when she doesn't sleep!!
Her appt is on Friday so I'll post with her stats and fun info about this girl. She really is such a joy...even when she doesn't sleep!!
Ok, so I used to think Brin looked just like Ryan (with a little Meagan sprinkled in there), but NOW I'm seeing a lot of Steele in there once you put her next to your dad! Crazy! And just be happy that once you're back here, you'll be just in time for Spring (we're expecting MORE snow tomorrow). Love the pics!
ReplyDeletethanks for the cute, cute update of little brinley poo!! i LOVE her. she and your dad are so cute...you can totally tell he is in love.
ReplyDeleteand i looooove you. just remember when you are having those {sometimes daily} melt-downs, that i am going through many of the same things. we can do it!! :) april is coming so soon--next month! hallelujah!
xoxo
Oh man! She is so cute it kills me! YAY FOR VACUUMS WORKING! Clark works late sometimes too, if you ever get lonely, just let me know girl!
ReplyDelete