I turned 25 last week on August 3rd.
We ended up jetting up to Charlotte after our friends took off for the airport. We pulled into my parents driveway just before 11pm. Brinley watched Dora from the moment we pulled out of our townhome until the moment we drove up to my parents. Do I feel bad about it?? No, because we only stopped twice. It is an 8 hour drive and she is so patient with us. I would let her watch 2 shows back to back, then read books or eat a snack, or sing songs, and then wait for at least 30 minutes before letting her watch another show. She is an excellent traveler, but to be honest, if we didn't have our dvd player, I would probably cry the whole way.
So, lets just say, my b-day wasn't too exciting.
Ryan made me Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes for breakfast, he got me beautiful cream roses, and when we pulled up to my parents, the house was full balloons. It was awesome! What a fun surprise! My siblings who were there (my brother and sister were both in town, hence why we made the drive to go visit) filled an adorable picture frame full of wonderful pictures from our childhood. I am SO thrilled to put it up on one of my walls and laugh and reminisce every time I see it. Ryan bought me a new purse (that I LOOOVE) and my parents got me a gift card to Joann's and I am seriously going to spend every cent and love every minute doing it!!
Every trip we take to NC turns out to be better than the last. We are so lucky to have parents who live in a vacation spot :-) Boating, pool, good food, people to babysit Brinley for us, and lots of family time. Brinley loved "Soph-aaaay" and "Pen-aaaay" and followed them all around the house. Brinley wants a pet doggie so badly, but not until we get a house with a yard. I don't know when we will be up in NC next, so we wanted to soak in all the boat time and family time we could.
boat time with Brin! (no wake...but she loved it!). She kept saying "Go boat!"
Grandma and Brinley
Me and my girlfriends, Sophie and Penny
We were able to attend our great friends wedding reception, Ryan and Lindsey Pooler!
She looked gorgeous!!
The newlyweds!! :-)
Me driving the boat. I was terrified!!!!!
Visiting Uncle Stu and Auntie Julie
Bosy Cow with Papa
Bedtime reading with Papa and Grandma

those pancakes look sooooo good!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! I'm so happy you had a great birthday =)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun trip!! were jill and jared home? boating and relaxing..what a great vaca and so goood to go home. your parents are darling. love them!
ReplyDeletepretty purse btw. go ryan.
love ya megs! glad you had a good birthday. ryan treated you WELL! looks like a great time with family. makes birthday's ideal.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday to the greatest meagan i know!! glad you had a fun day...i desperately need a trip to north carolina! next time, call me :)
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Meagan! What a great way to celebrate it. I hope you have a great 25th year!
ReplyDeletehope you had such a fun birthday girl- boating is the best. and so are pancakes. and so are roses! glad you had fun.
ReplyDelete- i was out of town this week so i just read your part 2 story. gosh meag, it probably seems like it will never end, right? what a trial that keeps just getting thrown at you. i really dont know what to say except that i am thinking of you. i know its probably so hard to see the end of it now, but i know it will come. you are so strong! keep the faith girl. prayers are with you!! xoxo