Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Truth Tuesday {phone picture style}

The truth is, I enjoyed the whole day spent with Brinley yesterday. I didn't feel exhausted by bedtime, like usual, and she kept me laughing it seemed all day. She has grown into such a beautiful little toddler. I just need to step up on my Brinley Soap Box for a moment. For Brinley, she has learned how to talk very quickly. It makes me laugh to hear stuff she says. She loves to say, "Mama come!" and if I don't get up quick enough, she then says, "puuuuull!!!!" and proceeds to pull my hand really hard in her direction. 

I am so thankful that she is such a great communicator. It makes meal time and tantrum time so much easier to deal with. When she throws a fit, I pull her aside and talk to her about the choices that she has made and that it made me sad. I end every "time out" with a hug and kiss and I tell her I love her. She says something like "Me you too" back which means, I love you too, I'm sure. This technique I learned from Shawni. I read her every post and she has really inspired me to be the best Mom I know I can be.

She also loves to tell me everything she is doing. "Read book," "doe doe show (Dora show)," "outside chalk," "show time!" and my favorite, "poo mama." Yes, Brinley, you did a poop. At least she's beginning to understand it right??  Last night after bath when I was dressing her, she pulled my shirt forward and said, "that Mama." I said, "Yep, mommy has booboos." Brinley immediately grabbed her tummy/chest region and said "Me booboo's too." oooo my gosh. I am still laughing out loud!

Brinley is also a very cuddly little creature. When she watches her shows during the day, she loves to lean up against me and put her head on my shoulder, or back, or leg. She is also a very affectionate. She loves giving kisses to Ryan and I and also to her baby doll, doggie, lamby's, her grandparents on Skype or anything else that needs a kiss.

I am also having a hard time telling people that she is turning 2 in two months. Buying 2T clothes is really making me want to cry. I hold 2T clothes up at stores and think, She is NOT this big! But, guess what? She is!! Who gave you the right to grow up so quickly!? Fo reals, girl! 

Brinley calls me Mama, or her usual, "DaddyMama," and calls Ryan, Daddy or "MamaDaddy." I can't help but smile at what a big girl she is becoming and how excited I am for this next phase of toddlerhood, ie. potty training, pre-school, time away from Mom, and becoming more and more independent. 

She is such a joy.

This was our day in pictures.
My sad attempt at a playdoh "piggy." Brinley was not impressed. His legs and tail kept falling off. Daddy does a way better job at playdoh art than I do! 

One day post painting my nails. YIKES. Not surprised that my $1.99 nail polish didn't hold up after one day. Yes, it is black nail polish. I dusted off my polish and went black...it was pretty exciting, for a day.

 The Steele upper lip. Briggs big blue eyes. Cutest combo ever! Still confused where the wild curls came from.

Popsicle and chalk. Best afternoon combo. Even in the 95 degree pre-storm heat. It was intense!

It's true, Brinley. and to my main man, Ry.

 Rainbows. 300 days out of the year.

She figured out how to hide in the curtains. She was giggling the entire time. After 15 minutes of playing, she finally moved onto the next toy. Taking out every DVD. I will never buy toys again!! 

Snack time smoothie with hidden spinach. She devoured it. Along with some pretzel sticks. She dipped the pretzel sticks of course. 

I know this isn't the most exciting TT. 
I am searching for some inspiration to keep you laughing!

6 comments:

  1. She is SO grown up, it is hard to believe our girls are only 3.5 months apart. Greta hasn't really started making any sense in her jabber, but I love hearing her little voice. We just love BINNY! We really need to Skype soon. Yesterday, we were out for 6 hours getting stuff for the big Marcum shin-dig this weekend and Greta was an angel the entire time. I realized we didn't have one tantrum yesterday. She ate all of her food without throwing anything on the ground...a miracle! She knew I needed a good day. Also, Dora...Greta has started loving Dora! Ohhhh, our girls. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meagan- i just found your blog via christina tidwell! last i heard you had just gotten engaged- crazy how fast the time has gone! what a beautiful little family you have! my heart is with you during this crazy trial. i can relate to the heartache of a miscarriage! send me an email so i can invite you to our blog! xo jessica (toolson) beaumont- study abroad 2008??
    jessibeaumont@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sooo behind in blog commenting!!!
    you've got quite the cutie there! i can't believe we've known you guys for a year and that she's almost two! how nuts!
    and i'm sooo proud of you for cooking pinterest stuff! you inspire me! i gotta start doing a better job cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it doesn't have to be super interesting, b.c it's nice to know your day is like mine! :) plus i love reading your blog, especially on tues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her!! And I love you! I can't believe our babies will be TWO so soon either!! Max only has one month to go!!! :(

    And your playdoh pig is awesome...curly tail and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you and your daughter be any cuter??!

    ReplyDelete