Brin has this thing about dipping EVERYTHING...
E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. into her cups of milk or water.
See below. I've been trying to help you get an idea of what I deal with at every meal. But, the fact that she drinks perfectly out of a cup and uses a fork and spoon extremely well, I really don't care. Remember? I don't care about the meal messes? Still true!
Dipping her bran muffin
And now drinking her soggy bran muffin
Dipping sour cream and onion rice cakes
Dipping her binky
Slurping the milk off
Back to dipping
Dipping her mac n cheese and chicken nuggets
Dip!
Watery spaghetti noodles! Yuuummm
Stirring it around...she did drink most of it too
Now, she is such a fun girl. And I am so grateful she eats so well. The dipping drives Ryan INSANE. He says his stomach churns whenever she takes a drink of those nasty milk filled....whatever. He told me today that if I drank one of those cups full of soggy dinnertime, he would buy me a IMac. I almost started drinking but then I realized, yaaaa not financially smart to by a $1500 computer, BUT, I was about it do it if we could buy it. I am desperate for a new computer.
I took this during our drive back home last week. She fell asleep for about 40 minutes after I tickled her arms and legs for 10 minutes. She finally fell asleep and I seriously could not stop looking at this beautiful girl.

Okay, so that definitely makes my stomach turn. Hahaha! Not that it is any different when Greta-girl eats. Brinley looks like she is an AMAZING eater. And you! You have such a good variety of food for her. I need to take some tips from you. You should write down what she eats in a typical week. I would love to adapt some of these meals--even if it does inspire some dipping.
ReplyDeletep.s. that title brought me back to middle school dances
Brookey went through that phase too...I was like Ryan! Even now when I think about it, I shudder...but! In a funny way, it's totally cute. Whatever makes them happy!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, we are in the SAME phase. I try not to discourage my daughter from experimenting and learning, but when she dips yogurt and canteloupe in her water and then starts drinking up, it's really hard not to gag. Blech.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is beautiful =)