We just pulled in and unpacked. I. Am. TIRED! The next few days are super busy for us and I'm afraid I won't have any time to blog!
We had a fabulous week. Brinley LOVES her cousins Benjamin and Carter so much and I am so happy they were able to hang out all week. Benjamin is 4 and Carter is 5.5 months younger than Brinley. Carter and Brinley looked like twinners and most of the time, she ended up just following Benjamin around everywhere. He would explain everything to her. Most of the time, it was us women- my mom, sis in law Tiffany, and me, the 3 kids, and the two dogs- Sophie and my brother's fam's new dog, Penny. Complete riot. It was a mad house!
Between the neighborhood pool, the backyard pool, the boat, the play room, meal time, snack time, nap time, bath time, play time, and bed time we were BUSY. But thankfully, Brinley took awesome naps and slept like a rock ALL night. She didn't take any time transitioning. It was awesome.
Our surprise came on Friday afternoon when Ryan pulled into the driveway. My mom booked me and Brinley a flight months ago, long before we had any idea about Ryan's work schedule. If we had known, we probably wouldn't have worried about a flight, and just planned on driving up as a family. After Ryan's job was set, we decided one night that he would drive up and surprise everyone. It turned into the BEST idea ever. It was like a mini-fam reunion.
We had a blast, and I just love visiting my parents house. It is strange that they've only lived there for almost 4 years, because it feels like our family has always lived in that house. It is just so warm and loving, and Ryan and I dreamed all weekend of moving into one of the for sale homes in the neighborhood. Someday. We would love to live in Charlotte someday.
It was great to reconnect as a family and really lean on each other for strength. The last few months have been near impossible, and with the distance of my family, being close again made me so emotional. I was able to walk my parents and brother and sister-in-law through all that we've been through. I know it was hard for them to hear, but even with the distance, I need their prayers and support. I had so much fun with my sister-in-law Tiffany. We were just running around like crazy people it seemed, but with happy kids, you can't complain. The cuzzies just love each other SO much! The first thing Brinley said this morning when she woke up was "Sooof." She was so sad to leave Sophie!
Here are some great pictures!
The 3 kiddies
Pool time!
baby Penny
Pool day 2
right after Ryan showed up!
She obviously wanted me to hold her...NOT!
Hanging with the dogs
Muscle man!!!!!
watching a show before bedtime
cute dogs waiting for treats
hanging out
isn't she SO cute?
lake time!
3 captains of the boat!
right before I waterskied!
We had such a wonderful time and we are already planning our next trip before school starts in August!!!
Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us come and crash for 5 days!

I hate we missed yall (ahem... AGAIN), but our weekend got kinda crazy. Glad you had a good time and you were able to hang with your family. Hopefully next time!! :)
ReplyDeletelooks like so much fun! can you share where your super cute bathing suit came from :)
ReplyDeleteI loved EVERY ONE of these pictures. Brinley is such a sweetie and those pups. I love 'em and I am not even a pet person. Life is so different with cousins around for the little one, isn't it? Greta has been surrounded for the last few days and just so happy and entertained and I am gonna miss it when i go back home.
ReplyDelete...oh, and we may have discussed making a trip to see the Briggs sometime soon. Work us in??
ok, that "muscle man" picture of brinley is ADORABLE!!! she looks so grown up and her hair in a pony is just about the cutest thing ever. i love her!!
ReplyDeleteit looks like you guys had a BLAST. i miss north carolina!!! can we move into your parent's neighborhood too?? talk about amazing.
i miss you girl! skype date asap.
This got me excited to home in 2 weeks! Butte and my sis will have 7 kids between us... This will b nuts!
ReplyDeleteBy the way your hair looks hot hot hot!
what a blast! i haven't been home is soo long i just dream of having a care free vaca at home! such a blast to be with family. love those steeles. cute cousins too. and how fun to have Ryan come. i need to come visit that place.
ReplyDeleteLooked like you guys had so much fun and some total R&R!! Even though you were super busy with all the cute kiddos. =)
ReplyDeleteCan I just say that I'm super impressed with your unpacking skills? That opening line got me. Pull in and then directly after that unpack... You go girl. Not that my duffle bag stays jam packed full of stuff and thrown on the closet floor for days after I return from a trip...that has never happened.
ReplyDeleteYour vacation looks dreamy and perfect! What cute kiddos!