Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day

On Memorial Day, we spent the afternoon at Wakulla Springs. We've been meaning to go, but once the semester starts, our "free" time is stripped away and single parenting begins. SO, we are trying to do as much as possible this summer. Trust me, after our awesome beach day, we were whipped on Sunday. My great friend Freya took special pictures of Brinley and I and then her husband joined us at the house for waffles for dinner. It was a super fun night, but Ryan and I passed out on the couch after we put Brinley down for bed. Monday morning came early for Ryan because he had to go help a lady from our Church move, and he was home before Brinley and I woke up!
Brinley wasn't too sure about Freya's husband at dinner. She never broke eye contact on him. We laughed so hard, but thankfully, after our afternoon at Wakulla Springs, she started saying "Breeeeet" sooo I think she likes him now!
--
Wakulla Springs was fun! I kept laughing because it was totally a redneck watering hole. I am SO glad we went because the springs are beautiful, but some places just have a way of bringing the most interesting crowd out of their hiding places. Especially on certain holiday's. 

We bought tickets for the boat tour after playing in the water and waiting for more of our friends to show up. They provide these "glass bottom" boat tours but they don't run very often because of the clarity of the water. BUT! we lucked out and on Memorial Day they were running the glass bottom boats. We thought the boat tour was "one type" of boat tour, but we were wrong. For 30-45 minutes, we circled the springs about 10-15 times. I lost track. 

Don't get me wrong, they were cool....for about 3 minutes. I wanted to see an alligator in the wild and some cool birds and stuff!!! The lady, Jackie, informed us 2 seconds after taking off from the dock that "this is not the tour to see alligators." We all almost jumped off. Needless to say, I'm glad we saw the springs because of how rare it is, but next time...whenever that will be...we will go on the other tour to see legit alligators!








Brinley went the whole day without a nap. She passed out in the car for a few minutes on the way home, but right as we pulled up to the house, she woke up and wanted to play. I ran to the store and got food for veggie kebabs, fruit salad, and grilled chicken. We roasted everything on the Foreman grill, and it worked perfectly. Isn't summer time food the BEST??? Let's just say, bedtime for Brinley happened before 6pm. She is growing up so fast. I'm getting ready a recent "Brinley-ism" post because she is talking up a storm and doing the funniest things. I MUST document it on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment