This year, I shared my birthday with my sister-in-law's wedding day. I've been waiting for a full birthday when I'm not ginormously pregnant, not moving, or Ryan having to study, but I guess I'll have to wait one more year to get my sleeping-in lazy Princess birthday kind of day. But still, we had a blast with the days leading up to my actual birthday, and Ryan made me feel loved and special. Thanks, babe!
Ryan finished writing the bar on Wednesday, so he started driving up from Tampa that night and got to Charlotte early Thursday morning after stopping in somewhere in Georgia for the night. I knew Ryan had something planned for that Thursday night because he said we had a time commitment and it was outdoors. I had no idea what it might be.
That afternoon, we drove up to see his family because everyone was already in town for the wedding. My in-laws had planned for a yummy lunch and red velvet cupcakes for me. It was great seeing everyone! This was the first time in years where all Ryan's siblings have been together.
ellie trying so hard to climb into cousin Tyler's bouncy chair.
the bride Trisha and Chrissy, Ryan's sisters
Hayley, Ryan's littlest sister. love this girl!
We got back to my parents house and started to get ready for our big date. I ended up wearing this new Gap Maxi my mom bought me for my birthday! Ryan gave me an envelope that had our "date" enclosed. KENNY CHESNEY CONCERT TICKETS!!! I love Kenny so much and I was so excited. I guess a couple of months ago, Ryan lied and said he heard a new song of Kenny's on the radio and if I had heard of it. I said no, but Kenny is awesome and I would love to go to a concert someday. Ryan looked to see if he was on tour and he was in Charlotte while we were there!! That little sneak.
We had so much fun! This was our first concert together and we just laughed and sang and people watched the whole time. We left after Kenny sang about 10 songs and we are glad we did because the concert was sold out and there were LOTS of drunks around and so getting out after the show ended would have been a nightmare!
If I was obsessed with Kenny before, I'm really obsessed with Kenny now!! I bought his greatest hits cd and some of his new songs and have been blasting it ever since!
The day before my birthday, my mom surprised me with a mani/pedi. It was a perfect hour and a half that I needed alone.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes and phone calls and texts!! I can't believe I am 27 now!



so exciting! glad you had a great birthday! i love going to country concerts! the artists are always so pumped and give a good show! but the crowd goers are always drunk and crazy!
ReplyDeletei love your hair in the first family picture! looks so good!
What a fun birthday!! I'm so happy Ryan made it up just in time too. You look great in that dress and Ellie is so funny playing with her cousin. =)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOkay first of all, Ellie needs to Stop. Right. Now. I didn't think she could possibly be any cuter, but she just keeps going!! And she is so big!! Waah. So glad you had a fabulous birthday!! Ryan timed the whole finishing-the-bar thing pretty darn perfectly, eh? Love you, your Kenny dress, your gorg family, and the fact that you weren't killed as a product of someone drinking from a few too many Red Solo Cups. xo
ReplyDeleteway to go ryan! what an awesome surprise! happy happy birthday indeed! you guys are all looking fabulous! so excited for your post bar life! :)
ReplyDelete