Only Ryan knows my pains of using his old Compact computer during the day. His dreamy laptop MacBook Pro is his bff Monday through Saturday until about 10pm where I can upload pictures and quickly edit them before posting them on the bloggie. I spend most my days pulling my hair out because the computer is sssslllooooowwwwwwwww. It is definitely on its last leg of life. The next computer we want will be a desktop, no more laptops for us. So to get us through, I thought about a Kindle Fire.
So, earlier in the day, before heading off to Best Buy, Brinley and I painted our nails. Can you believe these fingers???? Cutest. Hands. EVER. Surprisingly, she sat so patient and she didn't smudge a nail! She is a champ. She loves to remind me to repaint them after one chips. Oooo, that girl ;-)
Okay, so we fueled up at Chipotle first.
Once we got to Best Buy, I wandered through the tablet and e-reading section first. I had the ipad on my mind, but it is expensive and I just didn't think it was what I needed (of course I WANT it...duh). I looked at the Kindle Fire, but I overheard a member of the Geek Squad talking with another customer that the Kindle Fire is a glorified e-reader with some tablet capabilities. He compared it to having a super phone that has internet and other "computer" capabilities, but it is not a computer. And then it clicked. I needed something more than just an e-reader.
So I started looking around at other tablets.
So I started looking around at other tablets.
I set my eyes on this baby. And held it in my hands.
I walked away quickly but kept thinking and dreaming about the ipad without mentioning anything to Ry. I tried to forget about the price, and moved on. So we checked out some backpacks with Brinley.
Isn't she a cutie??
and cue....Dum Dum time!! She was losing it towards the end of our adventure but she kept it together after having a couple Dum Dums. I always have a nice supply in my purse for those 911 moments in stores. It usually gives us another 15-20 minutes.
With much consideration, and basically Ryan telling me that it was mine if I said okay, my new white ipad was all mine.
We got home and I finally had time to really browse after we put Brinley to bed.
Woo!!!! Go me!
I never ever feel comfortable buying anything expensive for myself so this was a LOT to swallow. I felt so sick that night and had a serious case of buyers remorse. Ryan is so understanding because I literally have been waiting (not always patiently) about getting a new computer, and this little ipad will definitely get us through until 2013 graduation. My old dinosaur computer will still be used for Word and other Microsoft Office jobs, and of course composing blogs, but for the most part, I will use the ipad for basically everything else. I am excited to start reading books online (already started Pride and Prejudice!), and having the scriptures more accessible 24/7 and also, the children's apps for Brinley!! She is already obsessed with Elmo's ABC app.
I may have also been in a spending kick after blowing through my Gap gift card my mama got me for Christmas. hahaha! I was able to get 7 shirts on sale that were online for only $65!! I was so pleased. Hence, the new shirt and my new belt Ryan got me for Christmas.
I may have also been in a spending kick after blowing through my Gap gift card my mama got me for Christmas. hahaha! I was able to get 7 shirts on sale that were online for only $65!! I was so pleased. Hence, the new shirt and my new belt Ryan got me for Christmas.
I still have ZERO clue what I am doing on my ipad, so if you have any tricks or tips, PLEASE help me :-)











NICE! That Ryan...
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your outfit!! :)
You are the luckiest girl in the world! Your weekend sounds blissful. New clothes. Out to eat. An IPAD!! A WHITE ipad!? Lucky girl. Decide right now if you are going to let Brinley watch shows or anything on it. Greta pretty much thinks Chris's ipad is hers and it is not fun sometimes. Hahaha
ReplyDeleteOk iPad. Sa-weet! You will love it. I got mine about a year and a half ago and I haven't put it down... Like ever!
ReplyDeleteFirst, make sure you browse free apps cause that is all i buy. There are TONS of good kid ones that keep my kids busy all the time. Also I bought this ottos thing that I plug into my pad that allows me to download my pictures onto it. Then i got the blogger app and I blog from my iPad when I don't have access to the computer or when it is being oh so slow. Ours is a Dino too. Also abc app for watching shows, if you are into that, is radical. The PBS kids one is fun for their shows. I go the kindle app and buy books on there, I like it better than e books.
Let me know if you have questions or need kid app advice. We have tons. And trial an derror with them is big. Smetimes they suck.
But... Congrats! So fun! And so pretty!
Oooo fancy! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI had a similar debate between the Kindle Fire and the Ipad too, but in my case the Kindle Fire won out. It's definitely not a computer replacement, but is so great for e-reading and some web browsing (just what I needed!).
I'm looking forward to a big fancy desktop in 2013 too! :) Three more semesters!!!!
you're really pretty. i love your outfit. and i'm so happy for you!!!!! a beautiful ipad!!!! my mom has one so she may have some tips or apps.
ReplyDeleteHow Fun!!! But mostly I noticed your quilt in the background! ( I know, domestic nerd) BUT... I have that exact same material and am making me a Christmas quilt right now! P.S. You look amazing!
ReplyDeleteCool Nancy!!! My mom made that quilt. She loooooves quilting and we have 4 of her quilts since we've been married!!! I wish I knew how but for now, I'll appreciate her talent ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you! I'm so happy for you! You definitely deserve this guy. You've been so good. I love it!
ReplyDeletedang, girl!! look at you! looks totally fun. i'll totally admit i'm jealous of people with those strictly for the kid apps you can get. would make things sooo much easier sometimes. enjoy the new TOY!!
ReplyDelete