That is how many days left we have until this baby girl arrives.
100 days.
gulp.
and tomorrow, it will be 99 days.
gulp again.
The more I think about adding a second child to the mix, the more stressed out I get. I really try not to dwell on it too much. I see other mom's at church with a toddler and a new baby and they look so put together and organized and not stressed. There is no doubt this baby is coming right now for a reason. We are definitely grateful and humbled to be adding another Briggs baby.
(thank GOODNESS this baby is a girl. I would be a complete hormonal mess if she was a he. eeeks!)
100 days.
gulp.
and tomorrow, it will be 99 days.
gulp again.
The more I think about adding a second child to the mix, the more stressed out I get. I really try not to dwell on it too much. I see other mom's at church with a toddler and a new baby and they look so put together and organized and not stressed. There is no doubt this baby is coming right now for a reason. We are definitely grateful and humbled to be adding another Briggs baby.
(thank GOODNESS this baby is a girl. I would be a complete hormonal mess if she was a he. eeeks!)
100 days left!
*note: my torso is veryyyy small, so I carry verry verrrrry compact. No outtie tummy for me. My whole middle just gets very wide and big. But look! No big booty, yet! Yayyy!
work out time!
**best video ever if you're pregnant. Pre and post natal work out videos.
Honesty time:
I'm not sure if I will be a mom that can handle a house full of children. It seriously frightens me. How can one child pull me in a million directions, and the thought of two??? Oh man oh man.
I'm not sure if I will be a mom that can handle a house full of children. It seriously frightens me. How can one child pull me in a million directions, and the thought of two??? Oh man oh man.
I've heard that moving from 1 to 2 kids is the biggest challenge. I don't know how I am going to do it. I seriously want to cry just thinking about it. How do you do it, moms?
Brinley is my little buddy but we do push each others buttons during the day. There are days where I feel like all I do is put her in time out. I feel like I am still constantly reminding her about the potty, or cleaning up toys, or not jumping off of couches and making our downstairs neighbor completely hate us (sorry, dude!!). She goes into time out for her occasional snotty attitude, if she hits me, if she uses mean words to me or when I have to use my threatening technique. ie. okay, well if you don't want to eat your lunch, then lets just go to bed with a hungry tummy, then she immediately says, I'll listennnn mommmmmmy!
Brinley is my little buddy but we do push each others buttons during the day. There are days where I feel like all I do is put her in time out. I feel like I am still constantly reminding her about the potty, or cleaning up toys, or not jumping off of couches and making our downstairs neighbor completely hate us (sorry, dude!!). She goes into time out for her occasional snotty attitude, if she hits me, if she uses mean words to me or when I have to use my threatening technique. ie. okay, well if you don't want to eat your lunch, then lets just go to bed with a hungry tummy, then she immediately says, I'll listennnn mommmmmmy!
I want to blame a lot of my lack of patience and anxiety over having 2 kids on my pregnancy hormones. I feel on edge a lot. It is summer. It is hot. This Mama is tired. My back hurts. My legs are constantly tired. I can't bend over to pick up toys as frequently anymore. And I definitely can't play with her like I used to before I got pregnant.
But she surprises me too. Her sweet tender personality is contagious. She is always worried about her stuffed animals "the gang" we like to refer to them as, she loves to play doctor when I hurt myself or she just makes it up, and she loves to yank my shirt up and see baby sister. She is constantly talking about baby sister and wants to include her with everything. When we give bedtime kisses, baby sister gets a kiss too. And Brinley always asks what baby sister is having for dinner. and if she needs a nap. She really is going to be the best big sister and I can't wait to see their interaction.
It also helps when I look back at pictures like these, and all those fears aregone minimized. Somehow we've survived the past 2 1/2 years with this whole parenting thing, and I think we've done a pretty awesome job. Brinley makes us look really good, that's for sure. I wouldn't say I am a pro mom by any means, but she forgives me quickly and loves me unconditionally.
We are so blessed and these pictures help remind me of that.
But she surprises me too. Her sweet tender personality is contagious. She is always worried about her stuffed animals "the gang" we like to refer to them as, she loves to play doctor when I hurt myself or she just makes it up, and she loves to yank my shirt up and see baby sister. She is constantly talking about baby sister and wants to include her with everything. When we give bedtime kisses, baby sister gets a kiss too. And Brinley always asks what baby sister is having for dinner. and if she needs a nap. She really is going to be the best big sister and I can't wait to see their interaction.
It also helps when I look back at pictures like these, and all those fears are
three days old!
we miss our big brown couch!
makes me miss her wild baby hair....and her baby smell....
We are so blessed and these pictures help remind me of that.



we have that big brown couch! super comfy! you will do fine...i always saw you as one of those moms who had it all together :) they are some lucky girls
ReplyDeleteI know it's easier said than done, but try to stop stressing!! I was the same way when I was carrying Eli. I was constantly worrying about how i was going to cope with another little one. My big thing was I kept wondering how I was going to love a new baby as much as I loved Z. My mom & everyone kept telling me that my heart would just grow, and it sure did. I could not imagine my life without both of my babies! You will just adapt and soon caring for them both with be second nature to you!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!! I was super worried myself! You just do it. You don't even think you just do. I not going to lie it is really hard somedays but some how you power through it. I think God gives you lots of help. I've had some really hard days but the really good days out weigh all the bad. Just take it day by day.
ReplyDelete99. 99!! Gah! I am so excited to see this new sweetie and learn about life with two from one of my best friends. Because I know you'll tell me everything! Hahaha You are such a great mom, Meags.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be great! You already practiced all year by watching another little one. ;) It will be tough at first when you are so tired, but soon everyone will adjust and you'll be one of those expert moms you see at church. You just have to survive the first few months. Can't wait for her arrival! Baby Briggs's are so cute!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you are down to less than 100 days!!! So excited to see little baby girl Briggs :) I totally know how you feel...and everyone else has already given advice but somehow you just adjust. It definitely took us a few months to feel "normal" but now I can't even imagine not having Ave. It's been a little interesting lately, since Max is going through an intense terrible 2 stage (HELP!) but you are going to be a rockstar Mom I just know it.
ReplyDeleteHint: NONE of us have it together! It's hard adding another one into the mix, but it'll all come together and you'll be amazed. And I am TRULY not sugar-coating this-- going from one to two is not as bad as you think. I remember after having Gavin, sitting there, and thinking, "This is it?" Don't get me wrong, the first month or so of adapting can be rough, but you have a newborn, you are learning!! And Brinley is at SUCH a great age she'll be a super-helper/"helper". She'll just dote on her lil sis. Don't rush anything and you'll be golden :)
ReplyDelete... But don't get me started on adding the third to the fam... ;)