Monday, July 30, 2012

Bedtime Books with the Belly and Brin



Okay, so what? 
I like to sit on the couch with my belly hanging out. No, this wasn't staged. 

What I didn't know is that this is quite possibly the cutest and my most favorite moment of my day with Brinley. More times than not, I am exhausted from making dinner, cleaning up, and just from the day, that Daddy takes over bedtime duties for the night. I lounge on the couch like a big slug and tune into some news or Wheel of Fortune. 

I seriously laugh the entire time Brinley is in the bath because I can hear their entire conversation and she says the funniest stuff from the day. She makes up a few details along the way, but for the most part, she just stumbles over her words because she is just so dang excited to talk to her Daddy. After the water drains, she runs out to the front room where I am. She is stark naked and just wiggling and running towards me. It is seriously the funniest thing ever. 

After she gets dressed with help from Daddy, she brings me books for us to read together. We read 2-3 books, then walk to her bedroom. We say prayers. And most nights, depending on who we talked about most before bed, those people are talked about in her prayer. It's pretty cute. Most nights, it is Sophie and Penny (my parents mini schnauzers). But the other night it was her crazy Uncle David and her bff Greta.

The Foot Book is a favorite we snagged from the Library last week. It is on my list to purchase! She loves it. 

I love moments like this with Brinley. I know it is going to be even more fun watching her bring books to her squishy newborn baby sister in just a couple months.

*I spy a new library book bag from the same material as my Beach Bag......Post coming on that! :-)

9 comments:

  1. I spend all my time at home with my belly hanging out in hopes that we will see some movement! And it's just nice to let it be free... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is just something about having your stomach bare! even if you have a loose fitting shirt, it's just not the same! as soon as i get home, my shirt is up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha what would those gymnastics moms think of you now! haha.
    that's so fun she chatters ryan's ear off! what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I need a library bag....
    Also, I LOVED letting my belly out like that. I hated the feeling of so many layers of anything on my tummy, especially near the end, and I couldn't wait to let it all hang out while I would sit on the couch at night. ahhhh I feel comfortable just looking at that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I allowed to hate you because you have ZERO stretch-marks while my belly looks like a canvas shredded to bits by a tiger?

    Either way, super darling pictures per the uge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confession. I have never taken Greta to the library. I am SCARED TO DEATH to do so. Will she take all the books off the shelf and rip them to shreds (we still have those moments here). I have been looking forward to that trip since she was born and I am hoping we can do it soon. I was always the girl (with my sisters Andi and Patty) that was in the summer reading club at the library, we volunteered at the library--and now, I haven't stepped inside one for like 4 years. Have I said too much?

    Greta talks about Brinley 60% of her awake time. Either she wants to watch Brinley videos (she especially loves the one with the eggs from auntie jilly and the house tour when she shows her potty) or she wants to call Brinley and go to the park with her. We are getting a package ready for your whole FAMILY! Look for that end of this week/beginning of next.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like we're on the same wave length because there is something in the mail RIGHT NOW traveling to Greta :-) I wanted it to be a surprise, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer. It will definitely motivate you to get to the library!! Brinley just touched every book the first time we went. Now, she looks forward to it. She takes a million books off the shelves and I feel like I am constantly cleaning up after her, but see if there is like a music/song time or something at your lib in the morning. We have a song time at 10:30 every wednesday so we go a bit before, pick out a few books for the week, then spend 30 minutes singing and interacting with other kids. It is chaos most of the time, but the lady who does it does a fabulous job.

    Brinley prays for Greta most nights :-) these girls are bffs already. College roommates? Um, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, your belly is just the cutest. I would love it if you posted a video of her conversations during bath time. I can just picture it. :)

    ReplyDelete