Tuesday, July 24, 2012

28-29 Weeks

Hello, third trimester!!!

I am starting to get really annoyed. I feel like I have been stuck in the 20-something-weeks stage FOOOREVVVER. I get very anxious thinking about how many weeks I still have left and it honestly freaks me out. 3 months, 3 MORE MONTHS!!!


With starting the third trimester, I have welcomed a serious onset of fatigue. I feel tired all. the. time. You would think I would be able to fall asleep easily and stay asleep throughout the night. NO WAY! I haven't slept well for weeks now and it is just getting worse. I love putting Brinley to bed and having the rest of the night to myself and just lounge. But then I dread going to bed because I am tired. I am SO so so tired. But getting comfortable is near impossible and Ryan* seems to make the "honey, can you stop moving" comment about every other night. Ryan falls asleep almost immediately after closing his eyes, and some nights I just want to wake him up just so that he's at least awake with me!! Guys have it so easy during pregnancy :-)

*don't worry, we are buying a twin bed for Brinley's room for Ryan to sleep on when he needs a good nights sleep once the baby comes. Aren't I the best wife ever? My mom actually mentioned it to me, and I would have to agree, that if Ryan needs a good nights sleep with the stress of his work load during the fall semester, I am totally okay with him sleeping in Brinley's room. Our couch is nooot comfortable at all. And it will also be Brinley's bed too once we transition her.*


A few other expected annoyances:
back pain
heat rashes under my bust line
round ligament pain
stronger baby kicks that make me jump or say ouch! out loud
Shortness of breath, which is only going to get worse
weight gain that has come on quickly, but has tapered off thankfully
Lack of clothing to wear, hence my Hanes V-neck tees and leggings have come into my daily wardrobe. Nothing fits!
Increase of heart burn problems at night
not getting ANY sleep at night
peeing at least 3 times a night
certain parts of my body already thinking I delivered the baby and now able to feed her
lots of off and on contractions, painful Braxton-Hicks

Speaking of contractions, they seem to hit me at random times during the day, but some nights they get very painful. About 2 weeks ago, I was feeling really crummy. I was busy making dinner, and I honestly had to bend over to catch my breath during a contraction. It wasn't like sharp shooting pains, but my lower belly would just get super tight and painful. I felt pretty miserable. The contractions didn't taper off for an hour or so and it really freaked me out! Now I know that the hospital doesn't offer advice over the phone and that if you are calling for anything, they want you to come in. Um, no thanks. So I phoned my favorite nurse friend Sadie and vented to her about my problems. She's a L&D nurse and told me to take a nice warm bath, drink lots of water, and rest. I did all those things and felt immediately better. She is the best!


At my last doctors appointment, I mentioned to my doctor about that incidence and he really wanted to check to see if I was dilated!? WHAT ON EARTH!? I was like, ummmm honestly? You'd have to pay me to check me!!! That is my LEAST favorite part about having a baby. It is so super painful and I was not in the mood to be checked. But at the same time, I am also curious if I will dilate faster this time around. I was 40w1d when my water broke with Brinley and I was still only dilated to 1cm. It would be nice to have a faster delivery this time around!

Saturday, I had my glucose test. That test is awful! I decided to go in by myself Saturday morning (they do the test at a diagnostic center and not at the dr office) because I did not want to deal with Brinley while not feeling too hot. The drink, thankfully, was cold! I felt like I was just sipping back on an Orange soda. A really sugary Orange soda. After waiting an hour, I got my blood drawn. The nurse kept talking about my amazing veins and I had to tell her with a smile on my face, I get them from my mama. With how many times I have been poked in the past year and a half, I am sooo grateful for my genetic boney hands and big veins :-) All 5 vials were filled within 30 seconds. It was pretty amazing.

during..........

after..........

Yesterday, I got my RhoGAM shot. Since I have O Negative blood, they give me the RhoGAM shot at 28 weeks and after I deliver the baby to insure that if I deliver a + blood type baby, my body will not have a reaction the next time I try and get pregnant. Brinley is O Positive blood so if I hadn't had the RhoGAM shot, my body would continually have miscarriages as I would try to get pregnant! It is a pretty amazing modern day miracle and I am so grateful for it! They estimated that before the RhoGAM shot came around, 10,000 babies were lost each year just because of the mother being rh negative.

Besides the expected discomfort that the third trimester brings, we are getting more and more anxious for little baby girl to come! I have gotten these feelings a few times when we've been just hanging out together as a family in Brinley's room, that someone is missing. When I get those feelings, I can't help but imagine a little baby laying on a floor blanket just kicking around and watching us as we play with Brinley's toys. We are very excited/anxious about her arrival. Thankfully, we do have ONE name we are thinking about. We like a few, but this one name just feels good.

and no, we aren't sharing it with the public :-) Only a few chosen friends and family.

5 comments:

  1. Check to see if your hospital has a nurses line. Evergreen does and that saved us going in a few times. But it is great to have a nurse or doctor that will help you out when yu need it too!
    I am getting excited for you to have your new little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for awesome veins :) And for reaching the third trimester! Hopefully it goes fast (but not too fast if you're still anxious about adding a second little one) and praying that you at least can get some sleep at night :) Can't wait to see pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good update meagan. that tired feeling though, it sounds awful!! you look awesome and i'm glad things are going well. can't believe how fast his pregnancy seems to be going. 3 more months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I feel your pain. Ava is 5 months but it feels like yesterday! Are you anemic at all?? I was with both babies and I was tired ALL the time. Maybe try an iron supplement. I used SlowFE you can buy it anywhere. If you do take it be sure to drink lot of water because it can plug you up. It's amazing how all of those crappy things you are dealing with go away almost immediately after giving birth! It's awesome when you realize " oh my gosh I'm actually comfortable right now!" haha. Good luck girl you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that I have the WORST veins. Every nurse tells me how horrible my veins are. It is not fun. But being so close to the end has got to feel good even though it is so hard on your body. Pregnancy is just ROUGH on the body. That is such a good idea to get a twin bed for Ryan! Genius!

    ReplyDelete